Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bad review with reprisehosting.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A bad review with reprisehosting.com

8QE8QE Member
edited April 2014 in General

Last month, i bought two $29.95 dedicated servers. This provider required me a pre approval payment. I agreed that.

This month, i do not want to renew them, but it has deducted money. I decide to use them a month, because refund is a big matter( they do not agree)

I have to submit a ticket to their support department to require a IPMI information(Welcome information not included that:

IPMI Remote Management

IPMI remote management can be enabled free of charge on servers where it is available. If IPMI availability was advertised with your server, please open a trouble ticket at http://www.reprisehosting.com/client to gain access.

But there is no info about IPMI in their whmcs.

3 days passed, they are still no reply. but servers will cost $2 per day. I have to apply paypal dispute for refund, interesting is when i submit a dispute request, they reply me very fast,they say:

This purchase was for an intangible non-shippable hosting service that was rendered in full to the buyer. This is an attempt by the buyer to manipulate the PayPal dispute process to obtain a refund.This type of digital service transaction is explicitly excluded from the PayPal Buyer Protection policy.

now client center can not be opened

https://www.reprisehosting.com/client/clientarea.php

Critical Error
Could not connect to the database

Now i notice everybody here.. take care of reprise hosting.

Comments

• Did you submit a cancellation request?

• 8QE8QE Member

@serverian said:
    Did you submit a cancellation request?

No, it is used by my friend before due.

• @8QE said:
    No

Then how can you blame them? You didn't cancel it, and you got charged. It's simple.

• 8QE8QE Member

@serverian said:
    Then how can you blame them? You didn't cancel it, and you got charged. It's simple.

I do not need refund, i will continue use them, but i submit a ticket for iPMi info. no reply 3 days... I can't use them when IPMI info back. But servers still get charged per day, i have to refund, ok?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

serverian said: Then how can you blame them? You didn't cancel it, and you got charged. It's simple.

What he's saying is that he hasn't got what he paid for and he stucked without IPMI which was part of a deal while payment is running out.

8QE said: i have to refund, ok?

Or maybe just date adjustment for days you lost?

• 8QE8QE Member

@Spirit said:

They are no reply me as of now. If they reply me about iPMi info, i can install system. I have to send a paypal dispute.

• Don't expect them to play nice now that you have opened a dispute! If you want to dispute a payment, do it through your bank/card chargeback process - it's much more effective.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Client area just down for me.

• yep down for me as well according to http://isitup.im

• @linuxthefish said:
    Don't expect them to play nice now that you have opened a dispute! If you want to dispute a payment, do it through your bank/card chargeback process - it's much more effective.

Doesn't that just get your PayPal account suspended/limited?

• 0xdragon said: Doesn't that just get your PayPal account suspended/limited?

I was wondering the same? How paypal react to this?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

@Spirit said:

You most likely will get in the red zone of paypal this is never a positive thing if you intend on using this payment gateway in the future. Having a negative balance is possible in paypal but not allowed.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Doesn't that just get your PayPal account suspended/limited?
    @Spirit

I've done it two times for a company on eBay that disappeared and had no issues with my account, paypal lists it as a dispute in your account. Make sure your bank does NOT report it as an unauthorized payment, or paypal basicly suspends the account and it's very hard to get back:

Thanked by 1Spirit