Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing is on track to make $12 million
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing is on track to make $12 million

The company is tracking to increase revenue to $12 million by Feb. 28, 2015

He’s hopeful the move and hiring of five new employees, which are for various tech positions and system administrators

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/04/11/data-company-seeking-sites-in-buffalo-as-business.html

Well done, ColoCrossing! I just hope the new office welcomes guests from the public ;)

Thought you guys might find this interesting - Enjoy!

Comments

• ColoCrossing hate incoming in 3 2 1 ...

Thanked by 3eric1212 0xdragon Rapta
  • Good for ColoCrossing.But they should also improve their network quality.

• All through growth? Has CC made any acquisitions (apart from LET/LEB). They are developing a nice asset pool in terms of IP addresses. On a separate but related note; has anyone with IP space been able to use this to raise finance?

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • Virtovo said: Has CC made any acquisitions (apart from LET/LEB)

Lots. HVH is one of them.

• Virtovo said: Has CC made any acquisitions (apart from LET/LEB).

concerto49 said: Lots. HVH is one of them.

Well, I think they would have to disclose this, unless the company was "merged" into the CC name. Maybe you could check New York inc. business records?

• @eric1212 said:

Actually I remember this being disclosed. I think it now appears on the HVH website

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • @eric1212 said:
    Well, I think they would have to disclose this, unless the company was "merged" into the CC name. Maybe you could check New York inc. business records?

It's not a secret that HVH is owned by VSNX, the parent company of ColoCrossing. I think this article is just about ColoCrossing, not about any other brands under the same parent.

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2014

instatech said: Good for ColoCrossing.But they should also improve their network quality.

Why would they, if they do so well without?
    In communism, there was a saying here: it will still work even like this! (merge si asa!)
    I will tell you a joke to illustrate it.

Communist romania was exporting cars in poor countries but they sold in developed ones as well, much like china does, cheap copies of successful brands (in this case renault 12) which was called here dacia 1300. Canada was one of these countries so they could not understand how romanians make them much cheaper than the french so they decided to steal the plans (economic espionage was and still is practiced in all countries, including in US which steals secrets through global surveillance). So they did.

Put their engineers to work, they said something is wrong but did the work anyway. When they put it together in 6 months, it was a tractor... They scratched their heads, called the germans.

The germans told them there is something definitely wrong with the plans, but the spies saw the engineers there using those plans for dacia so there must have been some misunderstanding. OK, they work 3 months and it is still a tractor. The canadians dont give up and ask the japanese.

Those dont look at the plans, first bring the robots from japan, then they feed the plans and the factory makes in a 2 months since the order was given.... a tractor. Then, the canadians are totally puzzled and invite romanians directly since there were many migrating there.

The romanians lock themselves in a factory, ask a lot of beer, food and scrap metal and start working. After one year when everyone forgot about them they call the manager. Here it is, they say, and, believe it or not, was a dacia 1300 as good as it gets.

Incredible said the manager, but two questions:

-How did you manage it when everyone else got a tractor from those blueprints and;
    -Why did it take so long?

Well, answers the chief,
    -We got a tractor too;
    -We polished it a bit until we got the right shape.

• SunnSunn Member

Incredible, love their service. +1 for colocross

• Now when will we see IPv6?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Wow. I had no idea that one could make so much money by selling tons of IPs to spammers. Good job, Colocrossing! :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

@instatech said:
    Good for ColoCrossing.But they should also improve their network quality.

They had. For example with Level 3 in Buffalo, which is their main market.

@Amitz said:
    Wow. I had no idea that one could make so much money by selling tons of IPs to spammers. Good job, Colocrossing! :)

Any proof on that, or just trolling?

• @Nyr said:

It's true. Just look up their IP ranges on spam lists. You'll see.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Nyr said:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/velocity-servers.net

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Wow, quite a few blacklists. Didn't know they got so many, to be honest.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran

Meh, good luck to them, at $12m they are getting something right :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

No trolling as you see yourself... ;-)

• jhjh Member

I assume this will be distributed equally to all LET members? :)

Thanked by 2eric1212 netomx
  • vedranvedran Veteran

jhadley said: I assume this will be distributed equally to all LET members? :)

I approve this. We'll spend it on low end CC-based LEBs anyway, it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Thanked by 3eric1212 Mark_R netomx
  • jhadley said: I assume this will be distributed equally to all LET members? :)

Hahah! Yes, we become automatic shareholders ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i wonder what kind of cut Mr. john bilbo will get from this

• My mail filter rules do a pretty good job filtering spam but today, I received not one but three spam emails from the colocrossing IP range which were all well below my spam threshold. Good job! ;-(

And fwiw I don't snore.

• c0yc0y Member

Revenue != profit

They could even be making a loss, revenue says just about zero about the health of the company, only about the size of the operation.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Nyr said: They had. For example with Level 3 in Buffalo, which is their main market.

We've increased capacity in all markets and have added quality tier 1 carriers in Buffalo, LA, Dallas etc.

The following will be completed by May 1st:

1. Install new edge routers in Buffalo (MX480s)
    2. Add Zayo in Buffalo (network consists of Level3, Zayo, Telia and XO now)
    3. Increase from 10 Gbit to 50 Gbit of XO in Buffalo
    4. Add Zayo in Los Angeles
    5. Add Zayo and XO in Dallas

The following will be completed by June 1st:

1. Turn up new computer room suite in Buffalo
    2. Turn up Zayo in Chicago (increasing total capacity to over 100 Gbit in Chicago)

We're working hard over here :)

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • blackblack Member

@jbiloh Is Zayo any good? Their AS peers look like it's just abovenet.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@black said:
    jbiloh Is Zayo any good? Their AS peers look like it's just abovenet.

Zayo bought Abovenet and most people seem to hold a high opinion of their network.

• blackblack Member

Ah, abovenet seems pretty good. Looking forward to it :)

• jbiloh said: Install new edge routers in Buffalo (MX480s)

What do you run at the moment? What kind of setup do you maintain between locations?

• what the best network have minimum latency, and good routing between continents?

Level3?
    Colocrossing?
    LimelightNetwork?

Just interesting....