Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of PCextreme !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware of PCextreme !

Hi lowendtalk members/readers,
PCextreme had the nice Colocation-Promotion and I sent my Rasberry Pi (Model B with 16GB Flashdrive and 32GB SDHC-Card) to their location.
Two month ago, I asked them so send me my RPi back to Germany (because it RPi was whyever down for a long time) and paid ~9.95€ for shipping.
The RPi is not back yet and the support team only answers, that they have shipped it with the NL-Post (without a Tracking ID & insurance) and that they are no more responsible !
My RPi with the value of ~50€ is now "lost" and was never delivered to me since now -.-
I think I should check the NL-law, because that's really non-serious...

If you have any questions, feel free to answer or PM me !

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Did you ask/pay for it to be shipped with tracking and insurance? Have you asked them to provide proof of postage, so you can verify it was dispatched?

• IshaqIshaq Member

I don't think it's their fault, if you wanted tracking you should have paid for it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Change thread title to 'Beware of NL post without insurance'?

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited April 2014

Ask them for a "Track and Trace" code. It is a tracking code that EVERY packet get when they use NL-Post. It is possible that they lost it tough.

Also, checking the NL law doesn't help much. If you send it without any insurance you can't blame them, nor can you blame PostNL.

I'm pretty sure thsi isn't PCE their fault. I know that many people rent servers there, and colocate servers. Pi's but also normal servers.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@taronyu said:
    Ask them for a "Track and Trace" code. It is a tracking code that EVERY packet get when they use NL-Post. It is possible that they lost it tough.

Also, checking the NL law doesn't help much. If you send it without any insurance you can't blame them, nor can you blame PostNL.

Though, if they can't prove that they didn't send it out, then it's another story.
    PostNL doesn't include Track and Trace with their cheapest international plan, 9 EUR instead of 13 euros. so @taronyu, what you're stating is not correct. It's a irresponsible decision of PCE though.