Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH in Amsterdam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH in Amsterdam

BONUS DEAL FOR EVERYONE !! Amsterdam, NL expansion planning is underway! Expansion is expected to be finalized near the beginning of MARCH 2014! EXISTING CUSTOMERS WILL BE GIVEN PRE-RELEASE EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS. What a better time to become a GVH customer?

@GreenValueHost whatever happened to Amsterdam offer for customers?

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

@serverian said:

Sorry, I missed the point of your reply

• BruceBruce Member

I post a lot about a lot, not just GVH

• BruceBruce Member

apart from being a customer, and interested in a VPS in Amsterdam, there's no special reason for me to post about GVH, if that's what you're thinking

• Owch!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

To be fair, only 3 of 19 threads have been about GVH.

• We've decided that we are going to be temporarily abandoning our Amsterdam expansion plans and we are going to focus on making a more stable infrastructure and presence in the 4 locations that we already offer our services in.

We have a lot of improvements that are on our list that we are going to continue to pursue, including, but not limited to:

1. Offering IPv6 for both new and existing clients in Dallas, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

2. Upgrading our Xeon E3-1240v2 nodes to all Dual Quad or Dual Hex core nodes, and potentially using our OWN hardware in select locations to reduce costs and improve performance.

3. Improving our abuse detection rates to increase stability for existing clients

Unfortunately at this time I'm unable to provide an ETA for when an Amsterdam location will become available, however I am confident that in the upcoming weeks (or the upcoming few months, if you're in Buffalo), you'll start to notice some major changes happening for the better. This is because our focus has shifted from mass expansion to taking it slow and easy to make sure that we are able to satisfy our existing client base before we move any further in trying out new markets.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@GVH I am disappoint, son.

• @GreenValueHost no offense, you always talk big but I don't see anything happen yet

Thanked by 2darkshire GIANT_CRAB
  • @namhuy said:
    GreenValueHost no offense, you always talk big but I don't see anything happen yet

That's because you're not a client and we don't make public announcements every single time we do something.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    That's because you're not a client and we don't make public announcements every single time we do something.

I am a client, and I ain't seen or heard nowt about improvements or big happenings.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @Nekki said:
    I am a client, and I ain't seen or heard nowt about improvements or big happenings.

We haven't touched Buffalo yet. At this time our main focus is Dallas and Los Angeles, then Chicago, then Buffalo.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    We haven't touched Buffalo yet. At this time our main focus is Dallas and Los Angeles, then Chicago, then Buffalo.

I'm in Chicago with you.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

deleted

• LeeLee Veteran

I am not surprised, moving into the EU is not quite so easy and the cost is greater among other things.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Infinity
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

Whatever happened to South Korea?

I was really looking forwards towards Asian expansion. South Korea, for the most part, is an excellent region for me to have a server in, apart from the potential that North Korea might blow up the datacenter and cause me to lose my data.

• I also had not heard anything about the new NL location, and thought that was continuing full steam ahead. I needed a non-US location immediately so I went and got a service with RamNode instead.

To be fair to Jon, they are indeed increasing and strengthening their offerings as he said. He has recently moved me from TX2 (ColoCrossing) to the new LA4 (QuadraNet) node which was provisioned late last week. I know that they are looking to add capacity and migrate customers from the older machines and onto newer, more capable hardware in better DC's.

Performance on LA4 node so far has been excellent, both disk and uptime. I have shaved 30+ms off my ping into the bargain, although IPv6 is still being sorted out at the moment. While the communication of the move could have been a bit better, I do have a reasonably difficult timezone difference and they were quite busy with a couple of new nodes coming online. Anyhow, I appreciate being moved onto the server so early in the build - that was very helpful and a definite tick for customer service.

While I love my $24/yr Reversehosts 1GB San Diego box, the disk speed does not compare to what GVH is providing at $48/yr. I also have to admit that the ticket response have improved quite a bit, especially in the last month or so. The responses are clear and concise.

I am not saying GVH is perfect, but it would appear that they have learnt from their mistakes and have indeed turned a corner with attitude and customer service. There is still many things to be improved upon - documentation and FAQ's is a major bugbear of mine. I look forward to further improvement in all areas and the expansion of GVH to new locations.

Thanked by 1jnguyen
  • zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited April 2014

I like gvh, because they have route it via PCCW .Asian customers have relatively low latency.no problem

root@zxsdw:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  1600.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 768 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   17 days, 18:05,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 94.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 21.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 18.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.39MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.01MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.32MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.03MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 46.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 88.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 14.6MB/s
    I/O speed :  16.6 MB/s
  • @zxsdw said:
    I like gvh, because they have route it via PCCW .Asian customers have relatively low latency.no problem

root@zxsdw:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    > CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
    > Number of cores : 2
    > CPU frequency :  1600.000 MHz
    > Total amount of ram : 768 MB
    > Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    > System uptime :   17 days, 18:05,
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 94.9MB/s
    > Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 21.9MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 18.4MB/s
    > Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.39MB/s
    > Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.01MB/s
    > Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.32MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.03MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 46.2MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 88.7MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 14.6MB/s
    > I/O speed :  16.6 MB/s

The IO shouldn't be anywhere near that low. Can you please submit a ticket for us to take a look and resolve that for you?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    The IO shouldn't be anywhere near that low. Can you please submit a ticket for us to take a look and resolve that for you?

I/O is low ?
    oh i think someone is running a ping monitoring script; better check.

Thanked by 1easy
  • Ian_Ian_ Member

Submit a ticket lol to fix the io problem

• @darkshire said:
    oh i think someone is running a ping monitoring script; better check.

I/O speed :  16.6 MB/s 
  • The IO speed should be back to normal on LA2 now. A torrent was consuming all the IO.

• GreenValueHost said: The IO speed should be back to normal on LA2 now. A torrent was consuming all the IO.

You don't monitor the IO of your servers? So GVH is reactive not proactive?

Thanked by 3darkshire Amfy Infinity
  • BruceBruce Member

Oh well. Will need to find someone else for amsterdam

• zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited April 2014
    > @GreenValueHost said: > The IO speed should be back to normal on LA2 now. A torrent was consuming all the IO.

yes.

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@zxsdw said:
    GreenValueHost said:
    yes.

A single torrent ate all the IO?

Thanked by 2Mark_R tux
  • @wych said:

Yeah it was game of thrones you know..

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited April 2014

@wych said:

I'm not sure, but now,IO is still not any change. I often use it for VPN. so I paid little attention to hardware problems. I think their hard disk has a problem.

• wychwych Member

@chrisp said:
    Yeah it was game of thrones you know..

S1-4 BR-Rip ;) ?