Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Les setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Les setup

bboranbboran Member

I have just ordered a minimal vps package from Lowendspirit to setup a vpn server But its a little bit different from other vps companies. Anyone can guide me to the first steps to access this vps? I read some sort of guide but i still cant connect to my vps. I tried to connect to ssh via solusvm serial console but it gives javascript error. I tried to connect via putty and it goes well but now i try to edit my ssh config file but sshd_config file is empty. What i am doing wrong. Somebody please guide me =)

Comments

• snowfly1snowfly1 Member
    edited April 2014

try

sudo /etc/init.d/ssh stop

sudo /etc/init.d/ssh start

or

apt-get install ssh

then check if its empty

• bboranbboran Member
    edited April 2014

okay got it working now. thanks!
    now what to choose for port? i didnt understand whats my real ip and which port to choose.

• bboran said: but when i type nano /etc/ssh/sshd_conf

sshd_conf or sshd_config?

• yes it was a typo, shame on me :D what about my real ip and port? is there a setup guide for les ?

• @bboran said:
    yes it was a typo, shame on me :D what about my real ip and port? is there a setup guide for les ?

Look at LES forums.

• bboran said: what about my real ip and port? is there a setup guide for les ?

Yes, you should get mail with "Your New VPS Server Details (READ IN FULL)" subject containing your IP and ports.

• so the "Main IP" in the mail is my main ip and the port that is written in my serial console page is the port that i need to use, right?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

"Main IP" is not external publicly reachable IP. To log into your VPS use external NAT IP + your dedicated ports. You should really read "Your New VPS Server Detail" carefully. It's everything explained there.

Thanked by 1hashwaltz
  • Now got it! Thanks Spirit!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

There is a quick guide on http://forum.lowendspirit.com and all information that you need is in the email thst you got.

You can think of LES like a home connection, you get one IP(v4) that is shared amongst all connected devices 'on the inside'.