Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iniz - reliability? Support response times?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iniz - reliability? Support response times?

my vps is suspended due to cpu load. Even though they could have simply restarted/stopped the vps and warned me of the situation.

I have opened a critical ticket to unsuspend around 4 hours ago and it seems no body is there on support desk to reply. I tried even PMing them but no response.

Recently we had a downtime of nearly 24 hours due to their migrations. They are causing downtime again due to this..

I heard many good things about there support, but, this seems to be exactly opposite of what I heard of.

Is it a one man operation there?

Any one can confirm there support response times? :(

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I've always found them very responsive. Possibly since you've been suspended due to abuse (rightly or wrongly, I don't make judgement), your critical ticket isn't top of the to-do list.

• Its not a one man operation and Iniz is generally a decent all around provider.

Apart from being really anal about IPv6 allocations, they have a pretty good support team.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

I found their support pretty faster. I also use to reach server load of 5, but they have only warned me for that reason, hasn't suspended. I'm trying My Level Best to decrease the load Very generous provider @INIZ

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

They finished third in last quarterly poll here (btw, isn't it time for a new one? @mpkossen @Spirit) and that says a lot. I personally dont use them, so I dont know, but many other people voted for them.

• Thats very strange.. Probably, they operate during biz hours in different time zone..

Here is my another ticket time stamps..

Ticket opened at .. 19 March 2014 04:38 AM

Reply at .. 19 March 2014 03:40 PM

Thats a response timing of around 11 hours!

• ATHKATHK Member

Isn't it Sunday in America...

• @ehostlab

I never reached a load of 5 earlier on my vps. I run almost a dozen vps from several different provides and almost never suspended for cpu over load as I run custom scripts for controlling load as soon as it cross a load of 2

Let me check my logs once I get un suspended and see what went wrong.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@niceboy said:
    Thats very strange.. Probably, they operate during biz hours in different time zone..

Here is my another ticket time stamps..

Ticket opened at .. 19 March 2014 04:38 AM

Reply at .. 19 March 2014 03:40 PM

Thats a response timing of around 11 hours!

How much are you paying, and what sort of response timing are you expecting? I get 45 minutes to an hour average from Rackspace and I pay them a hell of a lot more than I pay Iniz. 12 hours sounds perfectly reasonable to me for an unmanaged $7 VPS.

• @Nekki
    Where did I mention that I expect 1 hour support response? Why you are so defensive on Iniz? Are you working for them? Or may be a partner/close friend? If yes, have a look on my ticket.

Any customer can definitely expect a bit better support as they are one of the top provider of LET.

I never had any thing against Iniz. But, it seems you want to provoke me to say something bad on them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@niceboy said:
    Nekki
    Where did I mention that I expect 1 hour support response? Why you are so defensive on Iniz? Are you working for them? Or may be a partner/close friend? If yes, have a look on my ticket.

Any customer can definitely expect a bit better support as they are one of the top provider of LET.

I never had any thing against Iniz. But, it seems you want to provoke me to say something bad on them.

You're the one on the defensive mate, I never mentioned your expectations, I was just pointing out that I get super speedy response for $$$ not $, and I asked what sort of time you expected.

Don't read anything more into it than that, I certainly don't work for them, and I'm not looking for a row on my morning commute.

• This is not my first vps.

As mentioned earlier I use multiple providers and know exactly what to expect from a provider here.

Since I started using Iniz only from about 2 months, I was sharing my experience on what others on this thread mentioning.

You already did made your point in your first reply, there was no need to start a lecturing on support timings of rackspace/others.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Clearly you just want a row, so forget about it, I'll not darken your metaphorical door any longer.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2014

You're not sharing your experience, your rather hoping someone unsuspends your VPS quicker.

said: I have opened a critical ticket to unsuspend around 4 hours ago and it seems no body is there on support desk to reply. I tried even PMing them but no response.

Suspensions are low priority.

said: Recently we had a downtime of nearly 24 hours due to their migrations. They are causing downtime again due to this

No, that was planned downtime and clients well knew it could take longer. As stated in the email and all clients were updated regularly.

said: I heard many good things about there support, but, this seems to be exactly opposite of what I heard of.

There is one ticket regarding suspension so I guess it's yours, it's been replied to now.

Is it a one man operation there?

2 man, yes both based in GMT and we're fixing that but I prefer on hiring someone paid in full and a reasonable amount and that will come in due time.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • +1 on more support, tickets are answered sometimes fast, sometimes takes like hours.

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited March 2014

I've had to contact the Iniz support team a few times. Usually I'll just talk to Patrick on #lowendbox, and if he's unavailable or asks me to, I'll open a ticket. It never takes long for them to reply.

I've been with them for 6 months now, can't complain.

• They've been my primary provider for around 9 months, and I trust them with all 7 of my sites. They're awesome.

May we know the reason of his suspension?? @INIZ

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ehostlab said: May we know the reason of his suspension?

He said was CPU load.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

ehostlab said: May we know the reason of his suspension??

None of your business?

• The support is terrible. But at this price... you got a dedicatdd IP and shut up :D

Opened a ticket 10AM now its 4PM still no answer.

• @Jack said:
    SO BAD

(so bad if your vps suspended because cpu usage , they said i just run apache2)

• INIZ is a fair provider, but has a wrong (as I see it) policy about suspensions. The first time you have a high load, his system will automatically suspend the vps, instead of just shut it down, as most providers here do. I had a similar experience twice (not the same box, not the same period, first on November, the second on February). Both cases no spam, no hacked vps, just a high load caused the first time from a problematic mysql database and second time due to high traffic because of a very interesting news article we uploaded that attracted high demand, much more than the usual readers of that site).

I think Patrick should have an automatic system that, when a server exceeds a certain load in e certain threshold of time, the box will shut down and won't cause abuse to the neighbors. Of course, not for DDoS or spam.

That would give customers better support and reduce need to have more staff or delay unsuspension for 10+ hours.

(Generally, service is good for the money you pay)

Many of you are getting suspended. There must be anything wrong O.o I assume. @INIZ Any Problem with the Nodes??

• LeeLee Veteran

This thread though....

Is it just me that thinks Iniz is the only element that has done nothing wrong..

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2014

ehostlab said: Many of you are getting suspended

As of me, I indeed had high loads in both cases. Just for a short period of time (not more than a half hour, If I remember well). It was a problem mainly in my side, not the node (although there are some same specs vps's with better performance than INIZ's and many - many of them out there, with much worse...)

• @ZweiTiger said:
    (so bad if your vps suspended because cpu usage , they said i just run apache2)

Because apache2 is so perfect or default on linux distro's it wouldn't cause high cpu?

Whats your ticket ID?

For anyone really interested, I ran mass suspend yesterday on NYC KVM node. I let users utilise whatever CPU for long durations for the past few days since we physically moved data centres in NYC so gave users chance to check back on their systems and modify / finish installs of their setup as needed.

• @INIZ can you answer ticket #HQF-371-57108 (Posted on: 30 March 2014 05:43 PM). seems like you have time to answer here but don't have time to answer your ticket. it's just a simple question :(

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2014

@namhuy said:
    INIZ can you answer ticket #HQF-371-57108 (Posted on: 30 March 2014 05:43 PM). seems like you have time to answer here but don't have time to answer your ticket. it's just a simple question :(

We will answer non technical support related tickets in our own time after support load has cleared. If it's a simple question, you can probably find the answer in one of our offers on LET.

Also what do you mean, I have time to answer here? This is my 2nd reply in the whole day, I would commenting back to each post within minutes if I was just sitting here without doing anything progressive.

• Because I can't find the answer myself from your offers on LET even your website, that it's why I submitted a ticket to ask.

its more than 12 hours now, it's slower than most providers I had been with.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2014

@namhuy said:
    Because I can't find the answer myself from your offers on LET even your website, that it's why I submitted a ticket to ask.

its more than 12 hours now, it's slower than most providers I had been with.

Ok so I took at your ticket, then I took a look at my recent offer:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24193/iniz-nyc-nl-kvm-7-year-ovz-nyc-la-nl-offers-v4-v6

Did you even attempt to look or read?