Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Startup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Startup

I registered http://oversoldnode.net the other day, anyone wanna start a new host?

If someone registers http://oversoldno.de we can have German offers!

Comments

• jhjh Member

So the .com was taken?

• Such troll, oh my :)

• BruceBruce Member

why not forward it to the "host of the month" award

any ideas who would win this for March ?

• said: I registered http://oversoldnode.net the other day, anyone wanna start a new host?

May the lord bless this "oversoldnode" operation.

I would offer to help, but I have no funds as of right now to launch it.

• Just a copycat of Prometeus overzold.com then. Maybe find something better then just copy another host?

• MrXMrX Member

I'll chip in $7 a month in investments. I expect ownership majority, but the exact percentage is negotiable.

• @jhadley said:
    So the .com was taken?

idk

@Abydon said:
    Such troll, oh my :)

serious proposal, lol

@myhken said:
    rah rah overzold.com copycats

Oh? I wasn't aware of that, interesting! I guess there's only room for one oversold node in this town. [slinks away]

@MrX said:
    I'll chip in $7 a month in investments. I expect ownership majority, but the exact percentage is negotiable.

deal

• @HostNun

And you are giving up the majority of this startup for $7 a month?

.>

<.<

• How about an Atom running OpenVZ - they have 2GB on them, I sure you could setup some 4GB or 8GB plans on there (being sarcastic before anyone takes that literally)

Thanked by 2netomx Abydon
  • VPNVPN Member

@HostNun said:
    idk

Wait, you didn't even check? Who registers a .net in preference over .com seriously?

• PwnerPwner Member

@OkieDoke said:

I for one have noticed a surge in VPS hosting companies registering .net rather than a .com and have also found that it seems more visually appealing rather than a .com. Also keep in mind, the servers are hosted on (.)networks, right? ;D

• NickMNickM Member

Pwner said: Also keep in mind, the servers are hosted on (.)networks, right?

Well, that is the original purpose of .net, so it definitely fits

• Just to clarify, yes, this is real ^_^

• @OkieDoke said:
    Who registers a .net in preference over .com seriously?

I prefer the way 'node dot net' rolls off the tongue tbqh

• Reminded me of http://overzold.com/

• PatsPats Member
    edited March 2014

HostNun said: I prefer the way 'node dot net' rolls off the tongue

u sure 'oversold node' will roll that nicely in customers tongues (minds) ? :P

• Where is the glow in the dark condoms and the free account credit?? Unacceptable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MrXMrX Member

alexanderu said: Where is the glow in the dark condoms and the free account credit?? Unacceptable.

LowEndCondoms?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Get a node, oversold it to 600x and test

• @MrX said:
    LowEndCondoms?

Glow in the dark variety only.

• Overzold is actually a decent idea. Admitting to actually doing it and charging dirt cheap. Never heard of that company before.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2014

@DDoSHost - Just "another crappy site by Prometeus" :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

Overzold by Prometeus. That works, and most will understand why that first bit in bold makes it work and can be trusted. What is being suggested in this thread by the OP, not so much.

• I agree, we should be careful to relegate the unrealized thought of oversoldnode.net, its concept, to Prometeus's bandwagon roll call zone long-standing sphere of influence. Conflation before experience, that's what I always say. The former is not to be trusted in contrast to the veritable trustworthiness of the latter since, first and foremost, the former has not been created yet. Our apopheniac certainty stems from the copious symlinks we discovered by way of juxtaposing something with nothing. Not convinced yet? Why not direct your gaze toward the "z" in "Overzold" then? Isomorphic much? Heh, and furthermore,

Thanked by 20xdragon Zen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@DDoSHost said:
    Overzold is actually a decent idea. Admitting to actually doing it and charging dirt cheap. Never heard of that company before.

They're the second to do it, DireVPS was first with the up-front overselling.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

haha

whoever registered it hasn't contacted me yet

• FalzoFalzo Member

whoever registered

maybe you want to find out at whois from denic.de ;-)

• HostNunHostNun Member

I didn't care enough to do a whois at first, but curiosity got the best of me and I had a look. It says,

The domain "oversoldno.de" was deleted at 30/04/2014 and is currently in a waiting period (Redemption Grace Period - RGP).

So someone registered it for ~1 month and then cancelled it, haha.