Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

McMyHost Disappeared?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

McMyHost Disappeared?

I have an account with them, now I can't even login, says my account doesn't exist and my VPS is offline. Emailed them with no response, anyone else a customer?

Comments

• Nope, we're still around.

The email takes a little while to get a response. I'll check it right now.

• Looks to be the same for me, I have (or had) an account with them.

Last I have on my records with them is that they were experiencing downtime on the 8th of February due to a DDOS.

@mcmyhost

• Feathur control panel is empty too... DB issue? hope it's still there.

• mcmyhostmcmyhost Member
    edited March 2014

As compensation for these issues we've upgraded all affected clients VPS specs.

How/Why did this happen?

Old owner didn't have any more time to manage McMyHost so he contacted me and asked if I would be interested in this position. I said sure, and he handed over everything to me. Naturally, I left his account in whmcs untouched in case he wanted to checkup on his former company. A few days ago he obviously had reconsidered his handing over of the company and asked me if he could have it back. I told him that I had invested too much of my time to give the company back to him. Obviously he wasn't happy about this and deleted a portion of our WHMCS Accounts and VPS Users/ Plans. I have since deleted his WHMCS account and installed a few new security features.

• irmirm Member
    edited March 2014

@mcmyhost said:
    As compensation for these issues we've upgraded all affected clients VPS specs.

How/Why did this happen?

Sounds like bullshit.

For those who don't know the person behind "McMyHost" take a look at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/421525/#Comment_421525

t;dr - 14 year old trying to sell VPS'

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @irm said:
    t;dr - 14 year old trying to sell VPS'

Yes, sadly I am all too aware since he deleted half of our clients vps's...

• @mcmyhost said:

How/Why did this happen?

...**Naturally, I left his account in whmcs untouched in case he wanted to checkup on his former company**...

Why why, oh why would you ever think this was an acceptable action? You painted a target on your database asking for something like that to happen. If he relinquished control of the company (however that was done), his account should have been the first thing that was changed and all other logins disabled or changed to prevent any further interactions.

• WTF

• Yeah, this isn't the way to go...

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:

>

@Jupiter said: WTF

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mcmyhost if you left the guy with WHCMS access after he moved the company to you, then you're about as suitable a hosting provider as he was.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Maounique
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

what he said ^ +1

• You deserve to get ripped off if you bought a VPS from that moron...

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • akzakz Member

lol its only spring now..

• PwnerPwner Member

@akz said:
    lol its only spring now..

Thanked by 1akz
  • Rob92Rob92 Member

Well I bought one a few months ago and it works I guess. Mainly got it for a project that I needed the cheapest thing I could find in Chicago and for $1 a month I guess I can't complain. There have been many issues with downtime thanks to DDoS attacks against their host node or something, but when it is available it works...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Rob92 said: but when it is available it works

I can so much relate to that. I am one of the most undemanding customers, I can take without blinking weeks of downtime if the price is right. It all depends on what you need it for.