Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Double IPv4 | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Double IPv4 | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
edited March 2014 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

Nightly Offsite Backups

SolusVM Powered

Native IPv6

Powerful Intel E5 CPU's

SSD-Caching

NO BS!

Recent Changes

With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

Exclusive LET KVM Canada Offers

Don't take a chance with an inexperienced provider, get your My Custom Hosting SSD Cached KVM VPS today!

Plan Name: LET-MAR-256MB-10GB-1TB-YEARLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 256 MB

Swap: 256 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

IP Space: 2 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Yearly Cost: $18

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=92

Plan Name: LET-MAR-512MB-20GB-3TB-YEARLY

Guaranteed RAM: 512 MB

Swap: 512 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $26

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=93

Plan Name: LET-MAR-2048MB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

Monthly Cost: $7

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=94

Plan Name: LET-MAR-4096MB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=95

NOTICE

All KVM VPS are provisioned with 1 IPv4 initially! You will need to open a ticket and provide proper ARIN justification for the additional IPv4. All IPv6 are allocated on provisioning!

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2 -> "MyCustomHosting is still my favorite KVM provider. The product, reliability, performance, and great service I get from @MCHPhil has saved me a lot of time and money compared to some other providers that I use. I highly recommend this provider."

Review #3 -> "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.

Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Last Offer Thread

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats @MCHPhil
    My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.

Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August and highly recommend you try them.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • is every spec correct for this plan?

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB
    Swap: 1 GB

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @harrysdt said:
    is every spec correct for this plan?

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB
    Swap: 1 GB

The RAM / Swap were incorrect. Should be corrected at this time, thank you!

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited March 2014

Are Custom ISOs and/or Windows Server 2008 ISOs allowed?

Edit: Windows Server would be 180 day trial key.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Omg. I want the cheapest for VPN :)

• Unmanaged KVM VPS - LET-MAR-256MB-10GB-1TB-YEARLY

$18.00 USD Annually :(

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Just roamed around your site, Thought your OpenVZ plans are available in Canada, but It's not there. Best of Luck.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@MCHPhil TYPO ALERT

Plan Name: LET-MAR-256MB-10GB-1TB-YEARLY

Offer shows Yearly Cost: $15

Click on link in offer and your website shows $18

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited March 2014

Should be $18. Sorry for confusion.

@Rob92 said:
    Are Custom ISOs and/or Windows Server 2008 ISOs allowed?

Edit: Windows Server would be 180 day trial key.

Custom ISO are allowed. Just ticket. Trial keys are not meant to be used in the manner you are planning to, so that's not allowed.

@netomx said:
    Omg. I want the cheapest for VPN :)

Do it :P

@ehostlab said:
    Just roamed around your site, Thought your OpenVZ plans are available in Canada, but It's not there. Best of Luck.

I had thought of offering OVZ out of BHS but honestly didn't see much an interest in OVZ at all. My NC OVZ never really went anywhere.

• Point #10 in their ToS:

We reserve the right to terminate any account without warning or notice if any of the TOS or AUP restrictions are violated and we reserve the right to examine the contents of any account at any time.

yeahh... no thanks.

• @darkshire said:
    Point #10 in their ToS:

We reserve the right to terminate any account without warning or notice if any of the TOS or AUP restrictions are violated and we reserve the right to examine the contents of any account at any time.

yeahh... no thanks.

You're missing out. Most companies have a clause like so in their ToS or AUP. Maybe worded slightly different.

• @darkshire said: +1 exactly as described on TOS

• @fitvpn said:
    darkshire said: +1 exactly as described on TOS

Haters gonna hate.

• Truth gonna truth.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Accounts suspended due to content or AUP violation are not refunded under any circumstances. Accounts suspended due to violation of TOS have 48 hours to appeal before being terminated.

https://www.cloudshards.com/terms.php

Any violation of these Terms of Service will result in termination of the account. Liquid Web, Inc. maintains the right to terminate accounts without prior notification.

In the case that a customer is terminated for violating one or more of the Liquid Web Terms of Service, Liquid Web reserves the right to deny access to, and/or, destroy customer data stored on the offending server or account. Liquid Web may at its own discretion allow access to a terminated account. If Liquid Web agrees to provide access to an account which has been terminated due to a Terms of Service violation, the customer will be subject to a one-time charge of $500 or more to cover the cost of hard drives, cloning, processing and shipping.

http://www.liquidweb.com/about/dedicatedtos.html

By using RamNode’s ("RamNode", "our", "us" or "we") products and services, you ("you", "your", "Client" or "Customer") agree to comply with our policies. RamNode reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or terminate any service provided with or without a refund or notice or warning for any reason. RamNode also reserves the right to change and modify the Terms of Service at any time with or without client notification. It is up to the client to periodically check and familiarize himself or herself with the recent Terms of Service. If any client does not comply with the new Terms of Service modifications, his or her service will be terminated.

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/tos.php

Haters gonna hate and trolls shall be trolls.

You do not use these providers either I guess?

• Ben_Ben_ Member

How much for 1gb ram quarterly or semi annually? and rapidleech allowed on your servers. Thanks

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2014

@MCHPhil - Are you owner? O_o refer to someone else terms.. Personally never tried them

• Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • bobbybobby Member

Im really tempted with the 4gb plan for a small 6-8 user jira/agile/stash setup outside of my usual providers. Does anyone run similiar things, and how is the performance?

Also, @MCHPhil do you have a status page? What is uptime of your nodes?

Thanks!

• @bobby said:
    Im really tempted with the 4gb plan for a small 6-8 user jira/agile/stash setup outside of my usual providers. Does anyone run similiar things, and how is the performance?

Also, MCHPhil do you have a status page? What is uptime of your nodes?

Thanks!

http://www.mycustomhosting.net/network-status.php

Network status can be seen at the above URL.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited March 2014

@bobby

During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting.

UnixBench score: 2185.2

I/O rate: 310.0 MB/second

Bandwidth rate: 37.5 MB/second

I've seen 99% uptime in the past 2 months.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/03/24/KkdpkGUwLzksWqvM

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • oz42oz42 Member

Just ordered one. I am curious when the OS will be installed. VNC already works, but there is no ISO mounted, and I cannot mount ISOs from within the customer portal.

• @oz42 said:
    Just ordered one. I am curious when the OS will be installed. VNC already works, but there is no ISO mounted, and I cannot mount ISOs from within the customer portal.

Please login to solusvm and mount ISO or use a template. Templates are preferred because ISO requires a manual network configuration. You can find more information regarding that in your welcome message.

• oz42oz42 Member

I must say that I am a bit disappointed. The IPv4 and IPv6 gateways are not mentioned neither in the welcome email nor in the FAQ web page (I guess CA-VPS4 is a new node), so I asked support. They said they would need more information from me...

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited March 2014

@oz42 said:
    I must say that I am a bit disappointed. The IPv4 and IPv6 gateways are not mentioned neither in the welcome email nor in the FAQ web page (I guess CA-VPS4 is a new node), so I asked support. They said they would need more information from me...

I guess being truthful is too much to ask for?

You were specifically told, if you can't use the tools provided to setup your networking that using a template would be the answer. Use a template and the network is setup automatically. Use an ISO and it's just like you have a dedicated server. You have to setup the network.

I push templates hard because if you do not configure your networking right OVH will block your IP and then you will yell at me like it's my fault. You already seem to be having an issue with setting up the networking. I'm trying to move you past setting things up yourself.

Honestly, did you read my reply in the ticket at all? Or just came here to throw mud at me? In the ticket I specifically explained why CA-VPS4 was missing from the documentation you were reading.

Also from the email you were specifically sent...

http://imgur.com/QTvCogW

You were asked more specifically about issues regarding IPv6. That may have not been apparent from my reply and that's my fault.

• oz42oz42 Member

It is not a throwing mud thing. I just asked for the technical information to set up the system with a non-template ISO and got the reply today finally. Your last ticket reply was exactly what I needed, so I can try the different flavours (Alpine Linux looks promising) and set them up myself.

And if on the FAQ page node names are different from the real node names then please update your FAQ. About IPv6: yes, now I know that auto assigning the addresses to the vserver does not work, I entered them manually and it worked.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited March 2014

You need to look via IP not node name. Node name may change or etc. IP's determine the gateway and not the node name. I explain this in the FAQ and in the ticket originally to you.

The FAQ also does not list specifically a node name, just a location, description and a number.

• @MCHPhil going at it again?...:) Good Morning..

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Persistence :P I'll win you all over with it.

Thanked by 2FrankZ compuguy
  • compuguycompuguy Member
    edited March 2014

@oz42 said:

It is expecitly linked in the intro email, though the "fix" broke ipv6. Other than that and the missing ipv4 address (i'll put in a ticket for that), the hosting is pretty good. Not that I can say for RaidLogic....they say one thing, but have misconfigured, terribly broken openvz containers.