Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's up with Statuscake?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's up with Statuscake?

tr1ckytr1cky Member
edited March 2014 in General

Hi guys,

since I'm having a lot of problems with statuscake recently, I wanted to ask if anyone is experiencing the same.

1. Occasionally my check rate for my monitors gets resetted to 1min instead of constant, I have testing stepback disabled on all monitors. I mentioned this several times to statuscake, either through tickets and also on their live support. I always got the answer that someone will take care of it soon, but nothing happened, here is a chatlog of my last contact with them (names changed so nobody gets offended):

Supporter Hello! - can I be of any help? :) Client Hi, unfortunately after some time my monitors get set back to 1 minute check intervals, allthough they were set to constant That happened the second time now You once wrote this: It seems the issue was related to a bug we had many months ago in which a paid account setup used minutes rather than seconds (our DB is set to record in tests). I'm sorry you've had this issue (which I've just fixed for you), but more so I'm sorry you didn't get the support you deserved. I can see your account is still business and will remain so forever - so if you ever do decide to give us another try the account is there :) is this another bug related to this? Supporter Hello X Client Hello I also especially checked that testing stepback is disabled Supporter Has your site recently encountered any downtime? Client Well, not all of them at least And they're all set back to 1 minute Any advice? You have been transferred to: Another Supporter. Client Hm... Any advice? Another Supporter Hi X, I will log it and get someone to get back to you :) Client Yes, the same exact words as some months ago I guess if the site owner can't help nobody else can? Another Supporter I'm not sure why your chat with X was cut short, he will get back to you later today himself. Client Okay

Unfortunately nobody got back to me.

1. Statuscake misses downtimes completely:
    Because of a short outage at ramnode, one of my sites went down for some minutes, just 15 minutes ago (you can see they reported this on their twitter).
    To savely know whether a site is offline or not, I use three services right now (port-monitor, nodeping, statuscake), but only two of them actually reminded me that my site is offline:

Meanwhile statuscake shows me that the site was online all the time:

I just wish they would be more outspoken and would admit problems when they occur. When I signed up with them back in 2012, they were caring about their customers and offered great and individual support, they added so much user requested stuff and always strived to improve the service, but now it seems like I just get ignored and every time I write to a co-worker I just get the "we will get back to you soon" answer and nothing happens.
I think I exhausted my ways to contact them and wanted to share my thoughts here, but also wanted to know if anybody else experienced problems with them recently.

Comments

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited March 2014

I had a similiar issue with the recent 25minute outage for Linode (Atlanta). Uptime robot alerted me but StatusCake was quiet and said it was Up the entire time (5 minute checks; 1 minute wait)