Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E-commerce software runs in Php 5.3.x or older - Suggestions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E-commerce software runs in Php 5.3.x or older - Suggestions?

Hello guys,

I have used a Cart (e-commerce software) that runs in Php version older than 5.3.x.
In localhost I tried to install it and received this messsage:

"PHP version from 5.1.0 to 5.3.x is required. PHP 5.4.x and later are not supported. Your PHP is version 5.4.16, please ask your host to install a supported version."

In localhost it is very easy to install Xampp in an older version.

But when we try to use servers with older PHP version, the problem is not so easy to solve. At least in my experience using Cpanel.

Some people think that this is possible to do in the Cpanel control panel. It is not. I can not change the PHP version in my control panel.

Cpanel's forum: Link

So, I'd like to receive suggestions to decide the best option.

My initial ideas:

1. Contract a shared server that has an older version of PHP. (Suggestions?)

2. Install in my VPS (bluehost) an older appache + php version.
    I thought about to install CentOs + Kloxo.
    What do you think?

Maybe Zpanel could be an option too.

Only 1 domain.

What are your suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments

• wychwych Member

Don't use zPanel.

• Just get a cpanel host that uses cloud linux and cagefs. Then you will be able to choose what version of php to use from cpanel

• I was reading the other thread about the "new Zpanel's release".
    :(

• ksubedi said: Just get a cpanel host that uses cloud linux and cagefs. Then you will be able to choose what version of php to use from cpanel

Do you have suggestions?

People from Cpanel's forum wrote about the cloud linux.

• @DragonDF : Self advertising but neximweb.com supports it. I bet if you go to webhostingtalk.com's shared hosting section, you will find a lot of options

• ksubediksubedi Member
    edited March 2014

Also feel free to use the coupon code in my signature if you decide to go with Nexim

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • Why not?
    Do you need a new client?
    eheheh

I need a new provider that supports this software. :)

• @DragonDF said:
    Why not?
    Do you need a new client?
    eheheh

I need a new provider that supports this software. :)

Haha of course we'd love new clients :) Feel free to pm me if you need a test account to see if your software works

• I am already there and with the 1st month paid.
    :)

I was going to talk about the cost of your dedi IP, but I could read:
    "Free SSL Certificate"

So, no problem at all. :)

• Keep in mind that PHP 5.3 goes end-of-life later this year. If you use a control panel that does source builds of PHP then you could end up with an outdated/obsolete setup.

Better to use a distro that will continue to support the older PHP version, e.g CentOS or Ubuntu LTS.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • Ok, sleddog. Thanks!

• Hello guys,
    I am having problems with the current Shared server.
    Can you suggest me options of GOOD companies I can use PHP version from 5.1.0 to 5.3.x?

I do not have time at this moment to adjust my VPS to run this PHP version, so it will be more fast to me to just migrate from a place to the other using Cpanel features. Specially because I do not have Cpanel installed in my VPS and I will not pay a license for just ONE domain. :)

Thank you!