Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel 11.42 Released With New Theme
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel 11.42 Released With New Theme

Comments

• Paper latern is good begining for cpanel.

• ksubediksubedi Member
    edited March 2014

It was in beta back then. It's the release version this time.

• Yes, it was pushed to 'release' tier which means the normal/default installs will be upgrading to that in the next few days. I have been running it in 'current' for a while now. I am not sure that you would call 'current' tier as beta though @ksubedi - it is an RC-like release which has been tested and verified. 'Edge' certainly is beta.

I feel that cPanel's biggest issue will be to come up with an alternate paperlantern theme or two by the next release. Also hopeful that some themers will get to work on it.

• @Monsta_AU said:
    Yes, it was pushed to 'release' tier which means the normal/default installs will be upgrading to that in the next few days. I have been running it in 'current' for a while now. I am not sure that you would call 'current' tier as beta though ksubedi - it is an RC-like release which has been tested and verified. 'Edge' certainly is beta.

I feel that cPanel's biggest issue will be to come up with an alternate paperlantern theme or two by the next release. Also hopeful that some themers will get to work on it.

Yeah you're right, they have multi stages releases and i think the last one was more like a release candidate.

I feel like if they come up with a stable api for theming, a lot of designers would be interested. Right now, theming in cPanel is kinda unreliable and you never know whats going to change.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @ksubedi said:
    I feel like if they come up with a stable api for theming, a lot of designers would be interested. Right now, theming in cPanel is kinda unreliable and you never know whats going to change.

Yes, that is a major issue. In the past things break on virtually every upgrade. That said, there is vBulletin which makes cPanel themes look unbreakable in comparison.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I gave it a test on one of my boxes running cPanel, got flooded with requests to set the usual one back as default. Ya, I changed it to the default to get reactions. None were positive.

But ya, it certainly is a step in the right direction...albeit a small one.

• @k0nsl said:

I gave it a test on one of my boxes running cPanel, got flooded with requests to set the usual one back as default. Ya, I changed it to the default to get reactions. None were positive.

But ya, it certainly is a step in the right direction...albeit a small one.

Right now their color schemes etc look good but the ui isnt consistent. They are using bootstrap but are ignoring the main benifits of bootstrap like responsiveness and mobile ui. It's still a work in progress, so im excited to see what comes up next