Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

There have been several offers on here from VPN.sh, a couple of which I took up.
I can't seem to connect to any servers, support ticket hasn't been answered and neither has my tweet. Tried also contacting Liam through here but no response, has anyone else had problems ?
I know they were having a bad time recently, but the message I got seemed to suggest all should have been sorted by now.

Comments

• @liamwithers

I have with them for about 9 months,they are great,i don't know why they didn't reply you.

• Same here, just tried to connect to a random selection of servers and none of them are responding.

• I've decided to wait it out for the moment. Liam's already said that he's had issues, so sending heaps of support tickets probably wouldn't help the situation.

OpenVPN connections on their Moldovan server seem to be working though, so you could give that a go if you're not too bothered about the location.

• I've only sent one support ticket, I don't think that was excessive !
    I guess you are right, i'll just wait and see what happens.
    It was just that after having this facility for about 3 months, it was the first time I had tried to use it 'in anger'

• Iceland appears to be working too.

• I have been with them for a while and the last few emails I got from them, 1 or 2 weeks ago, was explaining that due to a fair bit of abuse they were in the middle of changing things around (servers I am guessing).

Heard nothing since and having problems with the majority of locations but for the price I can't complain too loudly, Liam will get things sorted soon hopefully.

• Same, same. Put in a single ticket almost 5 days ago. No answer. Tried to PM Liam here with my ticket number. No answer, although he's on the forum everyday. Tried sending a polite email. No response. Noticed that Iceland came back online, although none of the North American locations I've tried.

VPN.sh offered some incredible deals, so I'm willing to cut them some slack, but a little communication would go a long, long way.

• Yep, completely agree with that statement regarding communication.
    Happy to wait out any problems, but just let us know !

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well I hope everything is alright. Liam is good people. Probably got hit with something that he hasn't had control over, he's usually right there when you need him. I'm sure he'll be around soon enough.

• None of their (EU) servers are responsive for a long time now. Last time heard from them was on 19th FEB.

• @jarland said:
    Well I hope everything is alright. Liam is good people. Probably got hit with something that he hasn't had control over, he's usually right there when you need him. I'm sure he'll be around soon enough.

He's been around this forum plenty of times over the past days, while at the same time not responding to customers. If he's got time to play here, he ought to have time to give customers a quick shout. I understand that not everything is under his control, but communication is...

• This is email I got from VPS.sh at 19.02:

Dear .............,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delayed resolution of the abuse issue that was previously mentioned in the email some time ago. We're currently working through things, and can assure you that this is being taken very seriously. Some minor adjustments are being made to our system to be further prepared for any potential future issues.

We're expecting everything to be back online by Sunday 23rd February, and between now and then, it's likely that many of our locations will come online and offline, as we'll be doing plenty of testing and reinstalling our system throughout our locations.

If you have an open support ticket, please hold on for the time being. These will be addressed on the evening of Thursday 20th February.

Again, I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, and we'll work out something to make up for this issue once everything has been resolved.

Kind regards,
    Liam Withers

Like someone already said for the price I can't complain, and you can see that he did not leave customers without any notice. I have open ticket and I will wait till things get better.

• Sent Feb. 19 - "We're expecting everything to be back online by Sunday 23rd February"

Last communication was 9 days ago, indicating things would be OK on the 23rd.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

All is still in progress. There were some issues with the last mass email only a few days ago, as a lot of people haven't received it. I'll have it sent out again tomorrow.

Things will be back to normal again, and I can only give estimated timescales at the moment, as it depends on other things and other people that are currently out of my control.

I'd appreciate it if this thread could be kept fairly under control, and for people to understand the situation is being dealt with, and is unfortunately something that we're having to deal with slowly whilst waiting on responses from elsewhere.

Thanks to all those who have been supportive, and I hope that you guys can continue to see VPN.sh in a positive light, as we're passionate about LET and want you guys to see that we actually care about the community and actually have some participation.

Any specific questions, please PM me. If you have an open support ticket, please don't add extra information to it, as it'll only place it to the bottom of the queue. We're working through them, but the priority at the moment is to get everything back online.

I can only hope that everyone here can sympathise with the situation that we're in, and understand that being in this position isn't nice for us either!

Again, please try and keep this fairly under control and adult if possible guys - we're doing what we can :).

Liam

• I've enjoyed the service so far, my other half occasionally uses it to watch UK TV.

FWIW, a note of advice to yourself and other providers. If you overshoot a date or time of downtime, you should really send another mail keeping members up to date.

That point between >expecteddate and <resolution has the same feeling of those less professional providers that just disappear.

@ricardo said:
    I've enjoyed the service so far, my other half occasionally uses it to watch UK TV.

FWIW, a note of advice to yourself and other providers. If you overshoot a date or time of downtime, you should really send another mail keeping members up to date.

That point between >expecteddate and <resolution has the same feeling of those less professional providers that just disappear.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the service.

An update was sent out to notify that our original timespan wouldn't have been met, but as mentioned in my post above, there seem to have been issues with the sending of the message, and some people have not received it. I'll get it sent out again tomorrow evening, so that everyone is updated.

As and when things progress, I'll update here also,

• to the outside world that's as good as it not being sent at all, take your word on it ;o)

thanks for the update.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Dean
  • DeanDean Member

Also not received email. Ticketed, no response..

• Can you explain what happened? It seems rather unlikely that all servers got terminated due to abuse at the same time

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Can you explain what happened? It seems rather unlikely that all servers got terminated due to abuse at the same time

This is what initially caused the issues - and the ongoing issues are a knock on effect from that. The small number of locations that are still accessible are the only ones that didn't have mass abuse from an inconsiderate client.

Obviously precautions against abuse had been made, however we've had to refine our system to keep us as best prepared for any future incidents as possible.

More information will be available once we've finalised getting back online.

Liam

• @liamwithers Please don't take my post as a moan, was just saying I was having troubles but you were aware and due to the abuser you are having to re-address things. Had no problems with the service since having it :)

• Like the others, i'm happy to wait it out, but I also didn't get the second mail advising of additional delays either, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered making this post. I can't comment on the quality of service before all this happened, as this was my 'reserve' VPN set up and this was the first time i'd try to use it. Prices are good, so i'm happy to sit tight.

• @liamwithers - thanks for the update. Will look forward to VPN.SH sorting out abuse and proper countermeasures.

• I'm not using VPN.sh, but I find it frightening how one customer can bring down a whole company by just being inconsiderate and abuse. I didn't know one customer could have some much power.

Good luck, Liam.

• DeanDean Member

Any update @liamwithers - my ticket hasn't been responded to since I put it in on the 25th :)

• I deleted my ticket in the end as it was just sitting there !

• got the boot from his providers in some locations... is my guess. otherwise, surely the service can continue but simply not accept new orders until his anti-abuse mechanisms are ready.

@DeanClinton said:
    Any update liamwithers - my ticket hasn't been responded to since I put it in on the 25th :)

@Babbage66 said:
    I deleted my ticket in the end as it was just sitting there !

Let me know your ticket ID's via PM and I'll have them looked into.

@ricardo, all of the previous locations except one (due to an issue with the provider - not us) shall return once all is back online.

A small number of locations are still accessible but i'll post a more in depth update on Friday night.

• Out of curiousity, what kind of abuse was it?

Just a quick update - we're getting close to being back online. A couple of locations have to go unfortunately, but the aim is to have 23 of the original 25 locations back online within the next 24 hours, along with a further 3 new locations, bringing the total up to 26.

One US location and Estonia are looking likely to be dropped, and the new locations are likely to be 1x US and 2x EU.

I'll leave things to see how everything settles before posting any further offers, but any current clients can expect an email tomorrow (Saturday 15th March) providing information on locations and how to access them.

Glad to finally move things forward again.