Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All BuyVM servers down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All BuyVM servers down

All VPS and http://buyvm.net/

What's wrong with them?

Comments

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited February 2014

https://twitter.com/FrantechCA

"Thinking a large flood in/out in LV. Just getting on some IPMI's :)" ~@FrantechCA

"It's fine now. 250 days of uptime on the router and it decides to crap itself."~@FrantechCA

• "It's fine now. 250 days of uptime on the router and it decides to crap itself."
    "I can't figure out why it died (maybe the IGB 10gig driver acted up) but a reboot later and it's happy."

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Both locations seem to be responding fine now. Not officially, so wait for Fran :-)

• rsk said: Both locations seem to be responding fine now. Not officially, so wait for Fran :-)

Per Twitter, RFO is coming in the morning. Reboot fixed it.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • Been having a lot of connectivity issues with my BuyVM based ZNC, frustrating :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Roph said:
    Been having a lot of connectivity issues with my BuyVM based ZNC, frustrating :(

IPV6 maybe? It's also possible it was due to the floods that fiberhub has been eating. They hired me to build them an autonull so I've been working on that for them over the past few days.

The RFO is literally going to just be what I mentioned above. I don't have a reason 'why' it did what it did...it just did. I had full access to the box, it simply stopped routing. NIC's were fine, links were fine, & I could see traffic on the LAN side.

Either way, a reboot and it was happy again.

I'm still very confused about it.

Francisco

• @roph the issues are with Fiberhub not Buyvm. I am having similar issues with quickpacket in LV.

Mun

@Mun said:
    roph the issues are with Fiberhub not Buyvm. I am having similar issues with quickpacket in LV.

Mun

As I said, I've been consulting with Rob over the past few weeks coming up with a game plan to get him an autonull. The big issue was that I've had to learn SFLOW to do so.

I'm hoping to have something in beta by this weekend for him.

Francisco

• @Francisco if they have real netflow (not sflow) i can help with my custom scripts. Not perfect, but a good starting point.

• Oh, this is exactly what I was looking for, because some of my IRC nodes were jumping up and down all the time.

• rds100 said: @Francisco if they have real netflow (not sflow) i can help with my custom scripts. Not perfect, but a good starting point.

They are all Brocade I think. Brocade is all sflow.

Thanked by 1rds100

@rds100 said:
    Francisco if they have real netflow (not sflow) i can help with my custom scripts. Not perfect, but a good starting point.

It's fine.

I got something already in testing for him but I got a maint window on our SQL in a little bit.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well, we all knew those prices were unsustainable...

Oh wait, BuyVM is practically mid-market now :-)

I was working on a LV vps there during this...the outage I saw was less than 5 mins.

Thanked by 2ryanarp vRozenSch00n
  • All down again...

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Just a heads up everythings been back for ~5min now.