Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ VPS providers that have working pure IPSec capability
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ VPS providers that have working pure IPSec capability

Hi, I saw today that OpenVZ actually can support IPSec now, is it common for VPS providers these days to actually support or be willing to add this feature?
Read it right here https://openvz.org/IPsec but I am not sure how old this feature is.

Comments

• @bakou said:
    Hi, I saw today that OpenVZ actually can support IPSec now, is it common for VPS providers these days to actually support or be willing to add this feature?
    Read it right here https://openvz.org/IPsec but I am not sure how old this feature is.

We tend to usually add almost any module if a costumer asks, unless there are serious security risks involved.

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

I already had this supported on my node since some months ago :)

But if my client asks me to install L2TP/IPSec VPN, I usually just install them SoftEther instead (easier to manage with actual GUI).

• Well it is a very specific requirement for something like Strongswan IPSec because it can actually bypass the great firewall of china. L2TP and OpenVPN are not really an option. I am not sure what SoftEther can do. Good to know some people support this already though. I will ask around.

• maxdukemaxduke Member
    edited February 2014

@bakou said:
    Well it is a very specific requirement for something like Strongswan IPSec because it can actually bypass the great firewall of china. L2TP and OpenVPN are not really an option. I am not sure what SoftEther can do. Good to know some people support this already though. I will ask around.

I've tried to ask my provider to load the mentioned modules. Unfortunately I still cannot make the Pure IPSec VPN work with strongSwan.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I usually deny extra modules due to the instability of OVZ. Since we dont load that many modules, OVZ became less unstable but we still have at least 1-2 node crashes in a month, 4-5 being more like it. When Xen is so cheap if you really need it, can do with that.