Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Storage 2 TB+
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Storage 2 TB+

Hi,
i need some Cloud Storage min. 2 TB... Just for encrypted Backups... Tested crashplan but their 1,1 mbps upload is crap... 2,2 Days for a little backup is not usable...

Would be great if webdav/ftp/sftp is usable...

Comments

• Backupsy, $80 for 2TB, $48 with the coupon code, Swiftway $30 for 2TB.

• dhamaniasad said: $48 with the coupon code

mind sharing the code?

• @ironhide said:
    mind sharing the code?

40PERCENT

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2014

Sorry but even at $48 backupsy is not competitive for 2TB.
    As Google tells us, "48 US Dollar equals 35.00 Euro"
    And 35 Euro can get you a whole dedicated server with 2x2TB HDDs in hardware RAID:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    or this one for 30 EUR but with a setup fee https://www.firstheberg.com/serveur-stockage

Thanked by 3ironhide Mark_R Inglar
  • Thanks for your help but i don't want a server ... i want something which offers me ~ 2TB for under 25$ per Month like crashplan or others... i only need to push my backups to the off site storage...

• LeeLee Veteran

A cheap un-managed server != Backupsy.com

You are comparing it wrong.

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @d0wn_blog said:
    Thanks for your help but i don't want a server ... i want something which offers me ~ 2TB for under 25$ per Month like crashplan or others... i only need to push my backups to the off site storage...

never hear any company offer 2tb diskspace under $25/mo expect hostgator who offer unlimited diskspace for $5/mo. why not use them ;)

• Both have no linux support... :(

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2014

W1V_Lee said: A cheap un-managed server != Backupsy.com

You are comparing it wrong.

A cheap unmanaged server is pretty fair to compare vs a cheap unmanaged VPS, especially if the server is even cheaper or same-price.

d0wn_blog said: Both have no linux support... :(

Try maybe Backblaze works with Wine?

BTW I used Crashplan too, can fully agree with you, I uploaded 2.4 TB and the speed became slower and slower with the Crashplan client using 100% CPU all the time during uploads.

• d0wn_blogd0wn_blog Member
    edited February 2014

@rm_ it's a headless installation so no wine available :D

Crashplan is really crap got 0,9 mbps and 27 GB for upload = 2,7 days -.-

Maybe i should use OVHs hubic... which is still faster than the crashplan crap...

• So how about Amazon's stuff (the glacier tape storage offer)? I haven't run the numbers to see how much it really costs for 2TB.

• @rds100 said: So how about Amazon's stuff (the glacier tape storage offer)? I haven't run the numbers to see how much it really costs for 2TB.

It costs much more than 25$ :D

• Hmm when i read it it says $0.01 / GB for the storage, which makes $20 for 2TB.

Uploads are free.

Downloads cost though.

• @rds100 said:

I use Glacier for storing website archives/backups. The downloads are "free" if you only download 5% of your data a month. The download prices are tricky as they are based on the percentage of how much you download a month and how fast you download it.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • how about pogoplug.com ? $50 a year for unlimited. (ive used nearly 2.2TB so far)

• @TarZZ92 said: how about pogoplug.com ? $50 a year for unlimited. (ive used nearly 2.2TB so far)

Did they support webdav or (s)ftp?

• @TarZZ92 said:
    how about pogoplug.com ? $50 a year for unlimited. (ive used nearly 2.2TB so far)

It's the same as Carbonite or Backblaze, no decent linux upload. They want you to use their stupid bloatware client with image viewer and so on, but OP just wants to upload via FTP/SFTP/SCP/FTPS or some other protocols you can use with tools like curl.

• Don't use Tarsnap. I'm speaking from personal experience. Got charged $5 for like 10GB.

• @dhamaniasad said: Don't use Tarsnap. I'm speaking from personal experience. Got charged $5 for like 10GB.

Saw the price and closed my browser :D

Someone have a review for onlinestoragesolution.com

• >

€10 for 10 TB

But @ 10 Mbit/s this is also not usable :(

• @tommy said:
    https://hubic.com/en/offers/ ?

€10 for 10 TB

Can you access files over scp/sftp?

• oh, sorry I just saw that limitation
    They can be carried out at a speed of up to 10 Mbps (depending on your internet connection speed).

• Does hubic suppoet sftp/scp?

• trexos said: Can you access files over scp/sftp?

maybe yes,

ftp avec hubiC ? http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ftp-cloudfs/0.19 … sinon va sur google, tape "P openstack" avec P=("ftp","rsync",..)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dhamaniasad said:
    Don't use Tarsnap. I'm speaking from personal experience. Got charged $5 for like 10GB.

Well, duh - the pricing is not hidden.

They do deduplication so it's very efficient but yes, it's expensive. For small things it's awesome.

• @d0wn_blog said:
    Someone have a review for onlinestoragesolution.com

I've been using them for about two years. It really is unlimited, but that's if they have space available. I can't recall ever having downtime with them, but I can recall dozens of times when I got "No space available on device" messages. There were also a couple of moves to other storage devices, one which lost a chunk of my data. I use them as "just-in-case" backup solution, but rely on others as well.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

BackBlaze? I pay $10/mo which is 2 computers for $5 each, total data about 3/4 of a Terabyte.