Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rescue mode in OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rescue mode in OpenVZ

Is there any provider who has a rescue mode for his openvz containers?

Comments

• the resuce mode isnt posible for openvz, this is why you have console, because openvz is not like xen or kvm to boot a iso and join in the hdd of the containers, if you somehow deleted files, the company to who you own the vps, has the ability to get the files and recover them, the files are saved in /vz/root/your-machine-id, even if from the files where deleted important files, so ask them for a backup or something.

• Thanks. That is really bad. I want to change the OS template and it is mostly impossible without any rescue mode. Only Virtuozzo has a rescue mode?

• Most providers give a VPS Control Panel. So you can install a different OS from there. And some hosts also allow you the option of installing a different OS template of your choice.

• @jainy25 said:
    And some hosts also allow you the option of installing a different OS template of your choice.

Do you have a screenshot from any host?

• @shafire said:
    Thanks. That is really bad. I want to change the OS template and it is mostly impossible without any rescue mode. Only Virtuozzo has a rescue mode?

didnt you get solusvm(or similar) access from your host?
    you must install it from them, if os that you want isnt on your host image list, try to contact them maybe they can manually install that os for you

• Oh, sorry for the obscurities. I have SolusVM access for sure. But I want to change to a custom template which is not available to install at the SolusVM panel and the host do not want manually install it.

• @shafire said:
    Oh, sorry for the obscurities. I have SolusVM access for sure. But I want to change to a custom template which is not available to install at the SolusVM panel and the host do not want manually install it.

So you couldnt use that OS, try another host that willing do that for you

Thanked by 1kaito_kid
  • Yes. Ask your host if they can install your Custom template on the node so that you can use it on your VPS.