Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable storage server in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable storage server in US

Hi,

I'm looking for an affordable storage solution (minimum of 500 GB) in East of USA (Florida, ideally). I'd like it to be scalable, for add (occasionally) disks of 500GB or 1TB...

What are the cheapest solutions (outside the Google and Amazon's cloud, and Backupsy is too low RAM)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Why do you need more ram on a storage server?

• Because it's probably a seedbox.

Thanked by 1manacit
  • Sounds like you need a dedicated server in this instance, not a VPS. Backupsy is likely the best offer you are going to get and I will mention that most VPS companies do not allow torrents in their TOS as it can be abusive to shared resources. If you are indeed looking to run a seedbox, look for a dedicated server that will fit your needs so you won't be abusing resources in a shared environment.

Cheers!

• Backupsy for sure...I'm sure you get a personal quote from @serverian on some plans with more then 512 MB of RAM.

• @serverian: To host virtual tours (HTML/XML files and pictures, it's legal). When there will be quite a lot of traffic, the RAM will be sufficient?

• RAM has nothing to do with serving static files. However, that usage is not acceptable by us.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

As long as it isn't abusive IO and CPU wise we can do this on our storage servers.

If it is abusive for a VPS I would recommend one of our dedicated servers.

2 x L5520

24 GB RAM

1 TB HDD

10TB @ 100mbit

$49 per month

• @serverian: I understand that this isn't backup.. A solution or a host to advise me?

@Fliphost: Nice offer but I need less RAM, maybe more storage (possible to add disks ?).

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@neph It defaults to that much RAM

Upgrade to 2TB drive for $4 additional.

Add another 1TB drive for $14 per month, 2TB for $18

Larger drives available if needed.

• Not sure if you're still looking for a VPS, but if you're looking for a dedicated server these are my recommendations:

Serverian is going to kill me, but, OVH/SoYouStart has some backup servers and "normal servers" in east Canada. 4TB Space and 32gb of ram for $49/month with a setup fee of $69. Over kill, but there are other plans available too.

There also is Delimeter in Atlanta, but according to what you need you'd have to ask for something more "custom" as their plans are lacking both storage and ram. I'm sure they can make something for you, but they don't have a default package that suits your needs.

If neither of those work, I highly recommend Fliphost too.

• @neph - what about Delimiter's Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk dedicated server $20/month (paid quarterly). Add a second 500GB disk for $10/month or change them out for 1TB or dual 1TB. It has dedicated KVM/power switch.

Or if you want something cheaper, Atom 2GB RAM, 100GB storage $5/month (paid annually) - add upto 4TB storage to the unit with ISCSI storage.

• neph said: @Fliphost: Nice offer but I need less RAM, maybe more storage (possible to add disks ?).

2 x L5520
    24 GB RAM
    2 TB HDD
    10TB @ 100mbit

$52 per month (additional 2TB drive @ $10/month)

• neph said: @Fliphost: Nice offer but I need less RAM, maybe more storage (possible to add disks ?).

2 x L5520
    24 GB RAM
    2 TB HDD
    10TB @ 100mbit

$52 per month (additional 2TB drive @ $10/month)

• @serverian said:
    RAM has nothing to do with serving static files. However, that usage is not acceptable by us.

I thought there was a little addon for regualr useage?

• @wojons said: I thought there was a little addon for regualr useage?

I believe it was $2 from memory. Keenly watching this thread as well as I'm still looking for a dedicated server with decent storage at a reasonable price.

• hughesey said: I believe it was $2 from memory. Keenly watching this thread as well as I'm still looking for a dedicated server with decent storage at a reasonable price.

What's reasonable price?

• I'm looking <$100 for the current project.

• Better take a dedicated for that kind of money, and i belive you will find quite a lot of nice deals, check versaweb.

• Dedicated is fine, looking for minimum of 4TB raid protected space.