Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap SSL certificate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap SSL certificate

Hi,

I would like to test a script that require ssl certificate to work properly, for that im looking for the most cheap ssl certificate.

Can you guide me guys to the best place ?!

Thanks

Comments

• http://www.comodo.com/e-commerce/ssl-certificates/free-ssl-certificate.php

90 days free, no commitments they state, looks perfect for this situation.

• For the most part, you can use self-signed certificates for testing stuff.

• I buy my certificates from Namecheap whenever I buy a domain. I believe they're only $2 with a domain/other product?

• http://www.goodhosting.co/ offers free SSL with all plans, but they must be used on SingleHOP hardware; or one a reseller of SingleHOP (inevitably in the SingleHOP network.) 1-5 year and wildcard valid.

• i was just about to post something like this...
    Looking for Options on a Cheap(ish) Green Bar SSL Certificate.. i feel the need for a green bar.. because they look cool :P

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

the cheapest SSL certificates at gogetssl.com , did anyone tried their service? any reviews?

• Will it available to be renewed in the next year, or will it removed?

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Will it available to be renewed in the next year, or will it removed?

Yes price is recurring.

• @CentrioHost said:
    Yes price is recurring.

Is it possible to renew last year's AlphaSSL Wildcard certs before they expire?

• @sundaymouse said:
    Is it possible to renew last year's AlphaSSL Wildcard certs before they expire?

Yes, but I will not renew it at 2$, since I got enough good reputation here. You can renew it at 40$/yr.

• CentrioHost said: Yes, but I will not renew it at 2$, since I got enough good reputation here. You can renew it at 40$/yr.

I don't believe him. He say, renewal for $2 wilcard stay same for next year, but what??

CentrioHost said: Yes price is recurring.

• @tommy said:
    I don't believe him. He say, renewal for $2 wilcard stay same for next year, but what??

People here made this happen :) We dont have any other way around.

• @CentrioHost said:
    People here made this happen :) We dont have any other way around.

This gives you @AchrafPro a reason not to trust him.

Thanked by 2Mark_R user123
  • CentrioHost said: People here made this happen :) We dont have any other way around.

Nope, there is a way. Here is what you can do, you still sell the certificate at $2 per cert, but stated clearly that you charge $5 per ticket on those SSL certs (any request no exception) or something.

You might want to check LES as an example, they have provided a decent service with incredibly low price and I almost never see any bad reviews about them.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @zhuanyi said:
    Nope, there is a way. Here is what you can do, you still sell the certificate at $2 per cert, but stated clearly that you charge $5 per ticket on those SSL certs (any request no exception) or something.

I think people would still complain regardless. When the SSL certificates were first offered, people said it was a scam. They didn't even try it or have any evidence, yet still say these things.

• black said: I think people would still complain regardless. When the SSL certificates were first offered, people said it was a scam. They didn't even try it or have any evidence, yet still say these things.

Agreed, but at that point, just like the guy who bought the unmanaged VPS from ChicagoVPS and hope they could move the server for him for free, he can complain as much as he wants, but honestly it doesn't do any good other than making him look like a fool...even though CVPS doesn't really enjoy a perfect reputation here.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2014

@zhuanyi said:

And yet many "customers" here on LE* will take that as a legitimate complaint / issue with the company... Coupled with all the "five minute review of " tickets we keep getting because providers don't staff their ticket queues with 200x Mission Critical operators at 4am on a Sunday morning...

• @zhuanyi said:
    Agreed, but at that point, just like the guy who bought the unmanaged VPS from ChicagoVPS and hope they could move the server for him for free, he can complain as much as he wants, but honestly it doesn't do any good other than making him look like a fool...even though CVPS doesn't really enjoy a perfect reputation here.

True, but in my opinion, centriohost probably won't respond kindly to him/her and in the end, make themselves look bad as well.

• GienGien Member
    edited February 2014

>

Yes price is recurring.

Is this your company?
    Are you sure, or are you canceling it again close to next year?

CentrioHost said: Yes, but I will not renew it at 2$, since I got enough good reputation here. You can renew it at 40$/yr.

You brought that upon yourself, that reputation, callling people stupid, coming back on your word..

• @CentrioHost said:
    Yes, but I will not renew it at 2$, since I got enough good reputation here. You can renew it at 40$/yr.

everything happens for a reason, nobody dislike you for no reason

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

namhuy said: everything happens for a reason, nobody dislike you for no reason

People dislike him because he sold them cheap SSL certificate?

• I use self signed certs for testing unless I need to test something I am going to put into production. For personal use, I use the free certs you can get from startssl.

• @martinwilson said:
    Hey AchrafPro

For testing purpose you can purchase a trial certificate from any SSL certificate vendor for free.

Purchase and free don't belong in the same sentence..

Thanked by 1martinwilson
  • Thank you all for help

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

CentrioHost said: People here made this happen :) We dont have any other way around.

Centriohost, I we purchased you some certs last year. Since you don't reply or give any support, can you tell us how to reissue the certs ? they still didn't expire.

Thanks