Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Confusion? Do they really host from the basement?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Confusion? Do they really host from the basement?

gforcezachgforcezach Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

I'm really confused on this and I feel that their are already multiple threads, but is it actually confirmed and proven that BuyVM is hosting from non-enterprise locations?

Can someone give me a quick summary of what's going on?

Comments

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited February 2014

that was possibly in the past; /edited/

the allegations have been made by ChicagoVPS, whom are not a trusted entity, nor honest.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited January 2014

From the horses mouth:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/458414/#Comment_458414

Francisco said: Router, 2 KVM's and 5 OVZ nodes were in 350 as well as an NFS box. There was also a force10 switch.

There was 14 - 15 over in Batavia.

I'm guessing, however I don't have evidence of such, that such practice was terminated when they moved to New Jersey.

• Fran admitted that they were so 110% done with ColoCrossing while they were in Buffalo that some severs were hosted separately in an office space in Batavia, NY.

In fact he admitted it when they moved all the servers over to Piscataway a few months ago. It's just gotten more notice now.

That ended when they moved to Piscataway. They don't host servers like that anymore.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

• @darkshire said:
    that was possibly in the past, ~2010.
    the allegations have been made by ChicagoVPS, whom are not a trusted entity, nor honest.

• @Rallias said:
    From the horses mouth:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/458414/#Comment_458414

I'm guessing, however I don't have evidence of such, that such practice was terminated when they moved to New Jersey.

Yet the word basement isn't mentioned in that linked comment at all.

@gforcezach did you really need to open another thread about this? Pointless thread is pointless.

• @OkieDoke said:
    gforcezach did you really need to open another thread about this? Pointless thread is pointless.

It's not his fault the mods are giving threads misleading, sensationalist titles

• Or perhaps the OP could just read the thread or ask someone in that thread for a TL;DR on the situation in that thread rather than start a new one.

Believe it or not, some of us actually come on LET to talk and read about things that matter and don't go round and round and round over and over again.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@gforcezach said:
    I'm really confused on this and I feel that their are already multiple threads, but is it actually confirmed and proven that BuyVM is hosting from non-enterprise locations?

Can someone give me a quick summary of what's going on?

It's just people trying to stir drama. I stopped posting in the other thread and i'll likely stop posting in this one after this.

TL;DR - We started to have conflicts with CC very early into our relationship with them and had a sep setup in the area while we were hosting with them. We have since then moved everything inside of Choopa where we have a gig drop and all that fancy stuff in Dupont Fabros' facility. Our stuff in Vegas is all correct and within the same cage. When we were in SJC we had 2 neighboring racks with cross connects and in HE we had 3 racks spread within a row (and had cross connects we ran ourselves).

You can open a ticket or contact me on the frantech IRC if you have anymore questions/concerns.

Francisco

This discussion has been closed.