Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mycustomhosting Suspended VPS with unreasonable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mycustomhosting Suspended VPS with unreasonable

today i got mail my kvm at mycustomhosting suspended reason network abuse

i just confuse becouse this kvm has been more one month i not use it and no active site or etc just kloxo in there and they say "Your VPS was used in an outbound DoS attack and has been terminated"

what is that i don't know about ddos, config my kvm i am still need help sir phil he know it then how i use for ddos lol this so funny

that reason so make me confuse with them, i not use my kvm has been 1 month, no active site or etc then got mail my kvm suspended reason used for ddos attack

i think mycustomehosting neet kick me from their service then they make a drama

Comments

• said: ust kloxo in there

I bet you have not read about what happened to Kloxo recently?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ZeroCool said:

• @ZeroCool said:

Yeah I bet they wanted you to stop paying for an idle VPS

• i have other kloxo with same config and has been 2 year it's fine no problem

but if they need kick me from their service then i think is fair i take my site file then i can move to other provider, becouse that kvm is not active just on then how i use it for ddos that no sense

Thanked by 1fapvps
  • ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited January 2014

i plan to continue the kvm due date 05/02/2014 still have a more day to paid my billing
    but my bad day they make drama suspend with unreasonble network abuse lol this very very so funny for me

• bro when i have active site in there my kvm running okey with kloxo then if any problem since 1 month i use their service i got problem but this has been 3 month, a few day i will paid my bill

• @ZeroCool said:
    i have other kloxo with same config and has been 2 year it's fine no problem

but if they need kick me from their service then i think is fair i take my site file then i can move to other provider, becouse that kvm is not active just on then how i use it for ddos that no sense

Your KVM was compromised and used in a botnet because the control panel has multiple remote security vulnerabilities. Also, I accidentally hit the Thanks button on the post I quoted.

• TL:DR OP says that since hasn't been hacked before can't be hacked.

Everyone else telling him that a recent spurt of hacks using this exploit have caused multiple previously unhacked Kloxo installs to be owned and used in a ddos.

• i don't know that problem under my kloxo or this is drama, this no sense for me becouse i use same version kloxo in to my other vps until now never problem and issue then i think that not under kloxo problem but this is drama they created

• just need my site file then i moved to other provider it's done

• There should have been some more communication before just removing the whole VM. I mean if it was accidental abuse related to the recent exploit I dont see why it wouldn't be unreasonable to work and resolve the situation first.

Though I guess theres two sides to every story.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited January 2014

@ZeroCool Many providers do this recently, see this https://vpsboard.com/topic/3384-kloxo-installations-compromised/

If your Kloxo is save now, that's good, but please check your other VPS with

ls -l /home/kloxo/httpd/default/

If you find other than index.html, index.php, and inc.php (i.e. default.php) then most probably your vps is compromised.

Unless you are using Kloxo-MR

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • ZeroCool said: bro when i have active site in there my kvm running okey with kloxo then if any problem since 1 month i use their service i got problem but this has been 3 month, a few day i will paid my bill

Ok, in simple words, Kloxo is a piece of software that anyone can hack, easily, and right now, there are hundreds of people doing just this, and as such, most of the users of Kloxo are getting hacked/compromised. It doesn't matter if you were running Kloxo since 3 months or 2 years. The vulnerability is out there in the public, anyone can use it to hack your installation. And that is what has happened, your VPS got hacked because of Kloxo, and the hacker used it to sent out a DDoS attack to someone. It is your headache to secure your VPS since this is an unmanaged service you are using, and I believe that Mycustomhosting might have stated this in their TOS/AUP, if your VPS is used to send out malicious traffic/DDoS, you will be terminated/suspended, and that is what happened. Agreed, it might not be your fault, but you used an extremely vulnerable piece of software, and your provider certainly didn't do anything wrong by suspending your service. I mean, sure, they could have just suspended it or something, but they can do what they deem fit within the limits of their TOS.

Thanked by 2srvrpro Mark_R
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

So the OP means he won't believe in any proof until his other VPS is also used to send outbound DDOS attacks. Also the logic that one VPS is working fine & other was suspend means provider kicked him intentionally without any proper reason.Really interesting but unfortunate that only on this board you see logics like this more often as compared to others.

• switsysswitsys Member
    edited January 2014

@ZeroCool said:
    today i got mail my kvm at mycustomhosting suspended reason network abuse

i just confuse becouse this kvm has been more one month i not use it and no active site or etc just kloxo in there and they say "Your VPS was used in an outbound DoS attack and has been terminated"

what is that i don't know about ddos, config my kvm i am still need help sir phil he know it then how i use for ddos lol this so funny

So why don't you open a ticket with them instead of creating this moronic thread?

• @switsys said:
    So why don't you open a ticket with them instead of creating this moronic thread?

i created reason leave people know, that is problem ?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2014

What are you letting people know? That you have no idea how to administer your servers and when people kindly tell you there is an exploit out that you just refuse to accept the truth and the logic of the situation? I have learned nothing in this thread other than you ran a piece of exploitable software, it was exploited, your vps was suspended and instead of taking this up with your provider in ticket like you should, you continue to blather on about how they cheated you?

I highly suggest you check your other installations for being exploitable as well before you end up in this same situation again a week from now when people find it.

Also, I would resolve this issue with the provider in question and then apologize to them for not taking the time to do so in the first place.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    What are you letting people know? That you have no idea how to administer your servers and when people kindly tell you there is an exploit out that you just refuse to accept the truth and the logic of the situation? I have learned nothing in this thread other than you ran a piece of exploitable software, it was exploited, your vps was suspended and instead of taking this up with your provider in ticket like you should, you continue to blather on about how they cheated you?

I highly suggest you check your other installations for being exploitable as well before you end up in this same situation again a week from now when people find it.

Also, I would resolve this issue with the provider in question and then apologize to them for not taking the time to do so in the first place.

Cheers!

sorry i will not apologize becouse that

• @TheLinuxBug said:

I simply can't agree more!

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

I know that this would be again provider protecting provider post however they must suspend you for outbound DDOS attack. This is normal practice, providers also have providers. Yesterday there was million threads of KLOXO problems. If you are using unmanaged service it is your responsibility to update/fix/patch/secure your server...

We usually help every client who system was compromised, we sometime do preventive server hardening to all clients, but you can't fix it all. We had 2 suspensions due outbound DDOS. Booth clients was up and running in 20 mins after suspension.

I hope that you will work it out with your provider, and please try to understand them... I suppose that you are mad now, but try to think what would you do in their situation.

• To avoid confusion:

1. Kloxo Official is the opensource version of former LxCenter's LxAdmin Enterprise, latest version is 6.1.12 (released in March 2012) only supports CentOS 5.x., unstable with lots of security issues.
    2. Kloxo HIB "Host-InA-Box" is an old OpenVZ template, and it is an official LxCenter release as a replacement of LxAdmin Host-InA-Box, but it has never been upgraded since its release, only supports CentOS 5.x., unstable with lots of security issues. 
    3. Kloxo-MR is a fork of Kloxo Official by Mustafa Ramadhan, it is actively developed, supports CentOS 5.x & 6.x. No known security issue.

@ZeroCool which installation did you use?

• @drserver said:
    I know that this would be again provider protecting provider post however they must suspend you for outbound DDOS attack. This is normal practice, providers also have providers. Yesterday there was million threads of KLOXO problems. If you are using unmanaged service it is your responsibility to update/fix/patch/secure your server...

Whereas I fully agree on the reason for suspension I would prefer if providers would simply disable the network interface so that the client in question would be able to work on the VPS via the serial/remote console.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • It is your job to keep your server secure. Your provider has every right to suspend your service if your instance is compromised and is causing problems for other. Read the AUP and TOS. Any provider would suspend your service in this situation or do you expect a provider to just sit there while your compromised VPS is causing problems?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @fapvps said:
    It is your job to keep your server secure.

Are you referring to my statement? Because that is [keep your server secure] what I was referring to.

@skagerrak said:
    Whereas I fully agree on the reason for suspension I would prefer if providers would simply disable the network interface so that the client in question would be able to work on the VPS via the serial/remote console.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

skagerrak said: Whereas I fully agree on the reason for suspension I would prefer if providers would simply disable the network interface so that the client in question would be able to work on the VPS via the serial/remote console.

When client is cooperative, that issue is solved in 10 min... worst case scenario OS reload after backing up data.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Zercool, what is your native language?

• He isn't ready to understand, leave him alone I suggest

• @netomx said:
    Zercool, what is your native language?

Indonesian

@ZeroCool you are an idi*t but very stubborn

This discussion has been closed.