Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HardCloud has been purchased and is being liquidated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HardCloud has been purchased and is being liquidated

GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

HardCloud has been purchased and is being liquidated.

Albino Geek Services Ltd. is pleased to announce that we have acquired HardCloud.net, and are immediately liquidating all service and related assets due to previous management.

All clients with existing service extending past that of one month's time are invited to sign up in GoodHosting's Client Area to reclaim any remaining credit.

All servers, hosting and related assets will be taken offline by or before March 01st, 2014. All clients with services still on these nodes by this time will lose their data. We are giving all clients more than a month's notice to move their services to GoodHosting with a reasonable refugee discount, or to move on to another provider.

This is an official notice, and has been posted here because I know someone will post it immediately after receiving the email anyways.

Read more at:

http://hardcloud.net/gone.html

GoodHosting:

http://goodhosting.co/

GoodHosting Client Area:

http://clients.goodhosting.co/

Thanked by 1LowEND

Comments

• @HardCloud so your done with webhosting? Good luck with whatever you do next.
    Good Hosting seems ok, but there TOS worrys me a bit.
    and there only second menu link does not seem to work http://goodhosting.co/contact.htm

(i know you only sold your company/soul to them) but they offer unmetered bandwidth?

• @Stevie said:

I have been told the contact link has been fixed up, and yes; all plans appear to be unmetered bandwidth.

• @HardCloud - ok thank you.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

... what?

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • So I'm with you or with them or both?

• @Noerman said:
    So I'm with you or with them or both?

If your client login is at http://clients.goodhosting.co/ ; then you are already with GoodHosting. If you are still logging in to http://secure.hardcloud.net/ ; then you are still with HardCloud.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

said: Albino Geek Services

Lol that made me laugh a bit. That name...

• The CEO is on live chat! I'm not HardCloud client but think I'll try GoodHosting for the unmetered bandwidth.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So its now SoftCloud?

Thanked by 2darkshire Grimmy2

Okay, so, a few things...

1. Didn't acquisition happen a few months ago? What's with the announcement? If the acquisition only just happened, then what was the talk about the "new management" for the past few months?
    2. Why are you "liquidating assets and services"? What exactly have you acquired if there are no assets or services left? Why aren't you just transfering clients over to the GoodHosting system?
    Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • I hope they didn't pay much for it, seems like it'd be akin to buying a disaster than making an acquisition.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
    1. Didn't acquisition happen a few months ago? What's with the announcement? If the acquisition only just happened, then what was the talk about the "new management" for the past few months?

The acquisition was a few months ago, yes; but we have decided now that the company as it is has far too many uncorrectable flaws left over from old management, and it is unsavable at this point.

1. Why are you "liquidating assets and services"? What exactly have you acquired if there are no assets or services left? Why aren't you just transfering clients over to the GoodHosting system?

GoodHosting uses a completely different system (not SolusVM), thus direct migration is not possible. As well, it is worth noting that most of the clients under HardCloud are paying prices that just don't make any sense, we cannot continue these prices without some serious quantum pockets to pay out of.

• I was waiting for HardCloud to make an Apology topic here too for the previous managements actions on LET :)

Thanked by 1darkshire

HardCloud said: The acquisition was a few months ago, yes; but we have decided now that the company as it is has far too many uncorrectable flaws left over from old management, and it is unsavable at this point.

So basically, you acquired a clusterfuck, and want to get rid of it...? Wouldn't it be nicer to say that in some shape, rather than wording it as if the acquisition just happened?

HardCloud said: GoodHosting uses a completely different system (not SolusVM), thus direct migration is not possible.

Sure it is. Write a migration script, or hire somebody to do so. No problem with that - it's still going to use the same virtualization platform in the end.

HardCloud said: As well, it is worth noting that most of the clients under HardCloud are paying prices that just don't make any sense, we cannot continue these prices without some serious quantum pockets to pay out of.

I can't help but wonder why you were not aware of this prior to the acquisition. That seems like the exact kind of thing you'd do research into ahead of time, to determine whether an acquisition would be a financially responsible choice.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
    • So basically, you acquired a clusterfuck, and want to get rid of it...? Wouldn't it be nicer to say that in some shape, rather than wording it as if the acquisition just happened?

I would not argue with this.

• Sure it is. Write a migration script, or hire somebody to do so. No problem with that - it's still going to use the same virtualization platform in the end.

This would heavily degrade the performance and availability of the SingleHOP nodes for our real customers. We have given customers the ability to migrate to GoodHosting if they so choose. For example, you cannot use JingLing or HitLeap on GoodHosting / SingleHOP 's network.

• I can't help but wonder why you were not aware of this prior to the acquisition. That seems like the exact kind of thing you'd do research into ahead of time, to determine whether an acquisition would be a financially responsible choice.

I can not argue with this.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • It's not a very honest notification, given that you have went bust or soon to go bust. As the notification stands, it looks like you've been 'swallowed up'. Effectively, Albino Geek Services have bought one of my perfectly functional VPS' and told me it'll no longer be functional. Adding to that, any refund for yearly purchases is going to involve some manual work in logging into their service.

At the least, there could/should have been a link to a process to "migrate my VPS" to save me signing up (assuming their prices are reasonable).

• NiCE2013NiCE2013 Member
    edited January 2014

For some reason, every VPS i uses goes out of business :(

• @NiCE2013 said:
    For some reason, every VPS i uses goes out of business :(

Tell you something about the prices you buy?

Thanked by 2k0nsl Nick_A
  • NiCE2013 said: For some reason, every VPS i uses goes out of business :(

made my day :)

• @ricardo said:
    It's not a very honest notification, given that you have went bust or soon to go bust. As the notification stands, it looks like you've been 'swallowed up'. Effectively, Albino Geek Services have bought one of my perfectly functional VPS' and told me it'll no longer be functional. Adding to that, any refund for yearly purchases is going to involve some manual work in logging into their service.

At the least, there could/should have been a link to a process to "migrate my VPS" to save me signing up (assuming their prices are reasonable).

Hello @ricardo,

The "signing up" is an inevitability. Part of the reason for the changeover is the shear amount of illegitimate clients in HardCloud. I would estimate that there is a good 50% of the clients with falsified information in their profiles, as HardCloud was run for many months (before acquisition) without any sort of anti-fraud protection installed.

GoodHosting staff will migrate your data and programs (or at least help you with the migration at the very least.) The "signing up" and opening the migration ticket (on both ends) is the only step required in this sense.

The steps and explanation of how to move are explained above, in the original post, and on the link in the website. Going on LiveChat on GoodHosting will also get you some answers if you have any further questions regarding the process of moving over.

• This would also explain why the cloud platform is more unstable than it was when it was in beta!

Seriously. It sucks right now.

• @0xdragon said:
    This would also explain why the cloud platform is more unstable than it was when it was in beta!

Seriously. It sucks right now.

Please open a Support Ticket in GoodHosting if you are having any issues with the cloud platform. There should not be any issues going forward.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

@HardCloud said:
    Please open a Support Ticket in GoodHosting if you are having any issues with the cloud platform. There should not be any issues going forward.

I've opened countless tickets. Seriously, there are more issues with this platform than any other I've ever used. You even have to open a support ticket to reinstall your OS.

(This is confirmed by two users of the service, not just me.)

• 0xdragon said: I've opened countless tickets. Seriously, there are more issues with this platform than any other I've ever used. You even have to open a support ticket to reinstall your OS.

I second that. I got a VPS, and I am till date not able to reinstall my OS. I can't even reboot without getting 10 errors first. I don't know if you have a HA setup, but seriously, even HyperVM is better.

• @dhamaniasad said:

Hello,

You have not opened any Support Tickets regarding this. Under the "refresh" icon in the top right, you can select "Delete [recreate]" to refresh your service. This deletes the volatile disks related to your service, and re-creates them with the settings from your template.

Alternatively, you can delete your instance entirely, and select a template from our repository to "Create" your instance fresh. You will have to re-add any volatile disks you had previously.

• For some reason I make an order at GoodHosting hours ago.

I do have problem finding root password, but it turn out set by default. I do playing around with it including re-create, and re-install in about 3 or 4 times (debian) just within hours without any problem.

• HardCloud said: Hello,

You have not opened any Support Tickets regarding this. Under the "refresh" icon in the top right, you can select "Delete [recreate]" to refresh your service. This deletes the volatile disks related to your service, and re-creates them with the settings from your template.

Alternatively, you can delete your instance entirely, and select a template from our repository to "Create" your instance fresh. You will have to re-add any volatile disks you had previously.

I did open tickets about this, there is no host available(some table error), and hence I am unable to reinstall.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited January 2014

-- Edit, your above message did not show when I wrote this. Replying below... --

@0xdragon said:

Noerman seems to be having no issues.

GoodHosting's Client Area was only opened today, there have been less than 100 tickets opened (please note that each service order creates a ticket, as no automation is present.) There have been less than 25 service issues raised at this time.

Issues raised in the test bed were completely separate.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    I did open tickets about this, there is no host available(some table error), and hence I am unable to reinstall.

Ahh , alright then. This issue has been raised now twice (once by you, and once by another customer.) We are currently looking into the Access Control List permission required to select a host, without being able to use any management functions of that host.

We may have to make changes to the source code of the Web Interface to accomplish this, hence it is still posted on our internal board as an "In Progress" improvement.

• Omg, are the Unlimited Wildcard Certificates gone?