Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far.

srvrprosrvrpro Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

Alright so this is a review about delimiterVPS .com

I ordered delimiter HP DL145 Dual Opteron, 2GB, 250GB Dedicated Server with IPv4 Subnet /28 on 14th Jan for $36. Their setup apparently takes 3 days so it should have been delivered by 20th (a rude and immature guy, who apparently was a "Support executive" told me that).

But as expected, it wasn't delivered on monday. I waited the whole monday and tuesday. No clues about the delivery so I raised another ticket on Wednesday night inquiring about the delivery and after some hours it got delivered.

I was still cool with it, even though 9 days for which I am billed are gone already. Then I realized there was no IPv4 allocated, also the ping from my country was super slow. More time waiting? NO. I was done by then, So I raised a ticket today asking for a sincere refund. I did not get a reply, just a mail after a few hours about service cancellation and a mail that a refund had been provided.

But the reality is there was No refund. On the top of it, they deleted my account from their WHMCS

This is clearly a fraud by DelimiterVPS and I wouldn't recommend anyone to use this company.

About me: I'm a client of almost all reputed providers here, I'm someone who would either leave the server unused most of the time or run some basic websites and 0-1 support tickets a month are the max I'd raise.

So currently I'm without the service and they still have my money.
I wish I had kept in mind, companies with poor records can never learn business.

Comments

• 8QE8QE Member

:(

• Sounds like good old Delimiter.

• TarZZ92 said: Sounds like good old Delimiter.

Yup, the improved delimiter was just for a few weeks I guess.

• @srvrpro - PM me your email address - none of this sounds right at all

• @srvrpro - Don't worry you've given me a ticket number before, I'll find out the information using that.

• @MarkTurner PM'd you my Email address as well.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2014

The basics were this - 1 day late!

01/14/2014 Service Ordered

01/15/2014 Order reviewed and accepted

01/16/2014 First day of provisioning cycle

01/17/2014 Second day of provisioning cycle

01/18/2014 Weekend

01/19/2014 Weekend

01/20/2014 Holiday in US (?)

01/21/2014 Third day of provisioning cycle - was pushed off due to network issues in Atlanta

01/22/2014 Service Delivered - (1 day late)

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited January 2014

MarkTurner said: 01/15/2014 Order reviewed and accepted

No mail or a notification or nowhere could I see that date of that "Review" thing so I did not count that

MarkTurner said: 01/21/2014 Third day of provisioning cycle - was pushed off due to network issues in Atlanta

No notification about the pushing of dates either, the new clients are supposed to know everything doing on at Delimiter

srvrpro said: I was still cool with it,

I don't think that was the "only" reason for my frustration?

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2014

Your last ticket was:

Hello,

I would sincerely like to opt for a refund. For the various reasons like exceeding your time limit for delivery, slow ping from my country, no clue about the additional IPs I ordered. Please let me know.

The IPs were shown in the welcome email for you including the subnet you requested.

Approximately 4.5 hours later, your server was cancelled and refunded in FULL

01/23/2014 06:00 Refunded Invoice Payment - Invoice ID: 123895

01/23/2014 05:54 Modified Product/Service - Status changed from Active to Cancelled

01/22/2014 18:09 Order Accepted

01/14/2014 09:44 Invoice Marked Paid - Invoice ID: 123895

They didn't appear to do anything wrong other than deliver 1 day late. You wanted a cancellation, you got the cancellation and a full refund - you also got a email to confirm this as well.

On the 'rude and immature' support guy - he told you that the delivery was 1-3 working days after 'acceptance date'; you said whats an acceptance date? He said its just a date, nothing tangible. I am not sure whether he just misunderstood you or trying to be funny. Your response 'Calm down'

Anyway, the matter is clear - you ordered, they delivered a day late, you cancelled, you got refunded.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @srvrpro - it was a day late, you cancelled, you were refunded, its over.

Just for clarity, the billing starts when the server is delivered. You don't lose days whilst the server is being provisioned.

• kajakkajak Member
    edited January 2014

I have been happy with my server from Delimiter so far but I will say from a customer service standpoint the 1-3 business days is made clear but what wasn't made clear was the day for order acceptance. I knew about it from other posts on LET and was ok with it but from a customer service standpoint I would highly recommend Delimiter add some sort of order tracking or at least an email that goes out once order acceptance was complete.

In my case my server took longer because there was an issue with my billing I mistyped the billing address for my credit card and so they contacted the bank but this wasn't communicated to me until I emailed Steve to see what the delay was. I fully admit the added delay was my fault due to the typo in the billing address but some sort of communication would have added more to the customer service side of things.

I would say that has been my only real complaint except for some latency on Cogent but Mark has already talked to me and they are working on it so I am very happy overall.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Sounds like a misunderstanding.. no major issues besides the network blimp and the hardware turning off once.

• MarkTurner said: The IPs were shown in the welcome email for you including the subnet you requested.

There was only 1 IP in the email.

MarkTurner said: e told you that the delivery was 1-3 working days after 'acceptance date'; you said whats an acceptance date?

Do not twist things. I am sure I said where's the acceptance date mentioned to what he replied "Its a date its not something tangible.".

MarkTurner said: you were refunded, its over.

Where's the refund? I paid via paypal and there is no refund in there. Mind getting me the transaction ID?

• @srvrpro - Email [email protected] and ask Steve to get it for you. I am just emailing him for all this information and he is sending it to me. As this not really an issue, its just something that you have tried to blow out of all proportions, its pointless me getting in the middle of it. Its just a time-wasting exercise.

• @David_P - he didn't have the server online at that time. His complaint seems to be that he didn't get his server on-time, cancelled and got a refund.

• @MarkTurner : No one asked you to jump in, neither did I message you after you said that you don't have access to their tickets.

• @srvrpro said:
    MarkTurner : No one asked you to jump in, neither did I message you after you said that you don't have access to their tickets.

You probably created this thread with getting an answer in mind - who are you to say someone can and can't make a reply on a PUBLIC forum?

• @srvrpro - Doesn't matter, you've tried to paint a picture that does not reflect reality.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm 12 and what is this

• MarkTurner said: Doesn't matter, you've tried to paint a picture that does not reflect reality.

Alright lets just deal with it. I'd gladly except my fault. Forget the delay issue, I already said I'm cool with that, but then you said the IP were there in the welcome mail but there weren't any.

Then you said the refund is made, but I haven't received it. Transaction ID is all I asked for. Trust me, I am not here to paint a poor picture of you.

• @MarkTurner, I'm emailing Steve right now. Will sort it out with him and post updates here. Alright?

• @srvrpro said:
    Trust me, I am not here to paint a poor picture of you.

@srvrpro said: This is clearly a fraud by DelimiterVPS and I wouldn't recommend anyone to use this company.

• @Microlinux his name is not DelimiterVPS.

• @Microlinux - LOL - Wild accusations, no substance.

@Jarland - I have no idea. Delimiter was late by 1 day but they accepted his cancellation right off the bat.

• Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited January 2014

Hahaha I got one of there specials and I opened a few tickets to see how well they responded and 2 of the 3 replies were actually pretty rude and guy came off like an ass. Yes my server also one day late also but I guess you don't count Friday as a workday either. Overall except for the rude responses I am pretty happy with the network . Its a budget server your going have some good with the bad. I don't think they are fraud or what ever. I think the op was impatient. Why do I see threads like this before anyone actually tries to work it first?

Thanked by 1Myelin
  • @srvrpro said:
    Microlinux his name is not DelimiterVPS.

You were speaking about DelimiterVPS to someone who works for the parent company of Delimiter VPS in a thread where you basically made things up and exaggerated. Perhaps communication could have been better, but a sane person sees zero evidence of fraud thus far.

• @Ian_ - who was rude to you? Do you have a ticket number, if someone is being rude to you then it needs to be dealt with.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I wonder what people consider to be rude. Hope the delimiter guys don't mind this.

Jarland Donnell
    Client  12/02/2013 16:28
    I didn't see a place in the order form for the coupon code YA676D4YDT.
    Could you apply it to my account for the next billing cycle? I'm ok with regular price for
    the first month anyway. Look forward to trying you guys out!
    ===================
    Delimiter Employee
    Staff   12/02/2013 16:48
    Ok, I've sorted it for you and put a $5 credit back on your account

- Steve
    Jarland Donnell
    Client  12/05/2013 21:38
    No rush, just curious if you had an estimate on delivery.
    Emphasis on the no rush part :)
    ===================
    Delimiter Employee
    Staff   12/05/2013 21:43
    This server will be delivered by close of business tomorrow (Friday).
    Usual delivery is 1-3 working days after the order is released.

Brian T
    Jarland Donnell
    Client  01/02/2014 22:36
    Hola! I'm trying to reboot my box to reinstall, but I can't SSH to it.
    When I run the -v flag I get to:
    debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.2

But it never goes further. Tried from multiple locations.
    Any way you can push a reboot to it?
    ===================
    Delimiter Employee
    Staff   01/03/2014 07:36
    I've requested a hard reboot for you just now.

When it has been completed, I will update the ticket.

Brian T
    ===================
    Your Atom has been rebooted. FYI, later in this month you will see
    an announcement that we will be including a power rebooter for
    each Atom server. At the boxes do not support IPMI, customers can't
    directly reboot them if the box falls over.

Brian T
    Jarland Donnell
    Client  01/22/2014 20:57
    Hola! Love the new server! The e-mail didn't include the
    additional IP for it though. Happen to have one lying around I can add?
    ===================
    Sorry, the addon IP was not included in the welcome email.

Your addon IP is ###.###.###.###/32. As its a /32 you'll need to
    route traffic back via your servers primary interface.

Regards
    Barry
  • @jarland said:
    I wonder what people consider to be rude. Hope the delimiter guys don't mind this.

I don't see anything overly bad there.

Thanked by 1jar
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@mcmyhost that's the point

Thanked by 1Mark_R