Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are seedboxes secure?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are seedboxes secure?

are they?

Comments

• Secure? How secure? From what? Be more specific if you want answer.

• MunMun Member

what do you mean secure? Secure from... Hackers, lovers, the NSA spying and notifying that you are torrenting?

• are they better off than installing a torrent app on my computer?

• MunMun Member

@lukenstine said:
    are they better off than installing a torrent app on my computer?

It fully depends, on what you are torrenting at that point, and how the server is setup. Can't really answer your question.

Mun

• Secure in terms of what? But, the answer is basically no, they are not. The server host will always have access to your files (even if you get a VPS and encrpyt it, the host would have access to the live running container and could copy it, extract passwords/auth keys/other credentials, etc). As far as anonymity, the only possibility is if you're extraordinarily paranoid and pay with Bitcoins from a new wallet after obfuscating the trail of where the funds came from, paid through a public proxy/multiple user VPN, only download from public trackers, and only connect to the seedbox through a public proxy/multiple user VPN. Even then, if the VPN or proxy provider keeps logs, you can still be traced.

• If you're asking if remote server is more safe to do illegal things than your local connection I would say that this isn't the best place for those questions. But it's possible that I understood your question wrong - you didn't give us much info.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MunMun Member

@user123 I like your signature :)

Mun

• thanks for the answers user123,spirit, and mun good ansers

• @Mun said:
    user123 I like your signature :)

Mun

Haha, thanks :).

• It depends where your seedbox is and where you are. If you are in Germany and your seedbox is in Ukraine, then sure it is more secure. If you are in Egypt and your seedbox is in the USA, then heck no!