Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nothing beats free, how about a free (test) dedi from OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nothing beats free, how about a free (test) dedi from OVH?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited March 2012 in General

Was checking on the OVH forum and stumbled upon this message:

http://forum.ovh.ie/showthread.php?t=1130

Free OVH test dedi in North America! Wohoo!

Enjoy guys!

Comments

• debugdebug Member

You need an active server, however

• First 1000 people and you have to be a customer already.

AND this is old news, as 1000 are already gone and provisioned today. ;(

• @debug @amfy has two good dedis on the offer, I took one, there should be another one on the offer, LOL :)
    his thread is posted here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2000/kimsufi-server-to-deliver-transfer

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • @NateN34: How do you know they are all gone?

• @zhuanyi

Because this has been going on for almost 24 hours now and I have already about 5,000 order emails in my inbox.

• @NateN34: LOL, too bad then, sorry just saw it.
    mods please remove the thread then, my bad.

• Just got mine approved, signed up at 9:28EST this morning. Guess they did not run out of orders after all :)

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited March 2012

@zhuanyi

Approved, then you got a code right?

Then you have to send that code to the mailing list and hope they choose you.

• JTRJTR Member
    44463: I have already about 5,000 order emails in my inbox.

Is that email address OVH posted public? That must be fun to see...

• tuxtux Member

@JTR said: Is that email address OVH posted public? That must be fun to see...

It is [email protected]

• lumaluma Member

I have received over 6000 emails in 2 days from that list! It is NUTS. It was a good test for my new email server lol

Got my server though so not complaining :)

• Is there any way to subscribe to that mailing list without having an OVH account/being an alpha tester?

• lumaluma Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Is there any way to subscribe to that mailing list without having an OVH account/being an alpha tester?

send email to: [email protected]

• AmfyAmfy Member

I have received over 6000 emails in 2 days from that list! It is NUTS. It was a good test for my new email server lol

Got my server though so not complaining :)

haha, funny. Have created a extra mail address for this on my mailserver. Will be very funny to see how the load will be on a 48mb openvz one :P

Are you still getting mails from them? (In that high count?)

• lumaluma Member

@Amfy said: Are you still getting mails from them? (In that high count?)

They stopped accepting orders a few hours ago so it has slowed right down. Still getting a few emails per minute though. Mostly people asking for status on their order and people complaining about the people asking for status :)

• @NateN34 Sorry, I meant my order was validated then.
    So basically they are only releasing 200 per day but they hope to deliver all 1000 by end of day tmr? I am curious to see how they do that...