Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iwStack 1st purchase discount & getting started
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iwStack 1st purchase discount & getting started

Hey Folks,

I'm about to start up an iwStack account, and saw in a few places that they offer a 30% discoun on your first credit purchase... anyone know if this is still in effect? And if so, how it works with the mandatory first purchase, i.e., will they add 30% to that as well, since I couldn't just do one big purchase?

Is there a better coupon/deal for iwStack that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Comments

• The best offer is the €10 extra you will get signing up:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1336432

Then when the 30% offer comes back, you can buy some more credits.

• Thanks! I didn't know about the €10 exra-- that all will hopefully hold me until another deal comes along.

• @promethean said:
    Thanks! I didn't know about the €10 exra-- that all will hopefully hold me until another deal comes along.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm very interested in signing up to iwstack and probably use it for my big projects but the entry price is really holding me down

• I think before you need to purchase $30 credit. Then you can use the 30% off, so that would only be $21 for $30 credit. But I think it's not applicable now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Hello !

It is 30 Eur in a bid to minimize abuse. Once you are in you can fire up 20 VMs and dirty the IPs in a few hours, not to mention you can add multiple IPs to your isolated network too. 30 Eur might hold back some abusers which can find dirt cheap IPs some other place (the offers with 5+ IPs by default are multiplying recently). This is, of course, not valid for old customers in good standing, they can get it at 15 Eur deposit (obviously, the 10 IWC will not be added) because we already know them and the risk of abuse is much lower.
    The WHT offer is still valid, we had a few promos:
    1. The launching one with a 30% discount (closed now);
    2. The WHT one with 10 extra credits for the 30 Eur purchase, you get 40 credits after opening a ticket (still on);
    3. Extra VPS for monitoring at your choice, either in India or in US (no IWStack there yet so you can use it as a proxy or as a monitoring tool) (closed now).

We will continue to make more promos, some will be listed on LEC (www.lowendcrap.com), some will not, but will be announced here or on WHT.

• @Ruchirablog said:
    I'm thinking the same thing. I'm very interested in signing up to iwstack and probably use it for my big projects but the entry price is really holding me down

For me it wasnt the entry price, i wanted more! And I wasnt sure if that old deal was still in place, and how to use it. All resolved now, used a smaller deal for the time being, and i'm happily getting myself all set up. Thanks mao and all for you help and info along the way.

• @jcaleb & @Ruchirablog Keep in mind that iwstack's ToS will allow for a refund if you're in good standing, e.g., non-abuser. (Though there may be a 1Eur transaction fee to cover the paypal)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@promethean said:
    jcaleb & Ruchirablog Keep in mind that iwstack's ToS will allow for a refund if you're in good standing, e.g., non-abuser. (Though there may be a 1Eur transaction fee to cover the paypal)

We do not have a separate ToS/AUP for IWStack, that applies to all products, just read the link in my signature, it is ToS/AUP translated from legalese. In the ToS/AUP official, it states no refund for other purposes, not to keep people's money.

• @promethean i dont think i will refund if i decided to buy iwstack. good product

• Yep, so if you plan on more than a minimal for a few months the entry cost should not deter too much, though i understand the hesitation