Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox/LowEndTalk July 2011 DDoS Discussion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox/LowEndTalk July 2011 DDoS Discussion

LowEndAdminLowEndAdmin Member
edited July 2011 in General

Follow up from the LowEndBox blog post. Just some topic to get v3 of LowEndTalk going.

Current status:

• LowEndBox.com is sitting behind CloudFlare. Still the same VPS hosted with QuickWeb in SoftLayer, but now with a different IP address. Placed behind Cisco Guard every now and then.
  • LowEndTalk.com is still in limbo. Waiting on Brandon from eNetSouth.
  • Not sure whether attack on LowEndBox.com is still on-going.
  • No idea about the motivation behind the attack.

Thanks for all the support so far.

Comments

• AsimAsim Member

I am still anxious to know what kind of low lifes would attach an informative website such as LEA / LET.

Thanks for not giving up on us and continuing with this project

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited July 2011

Is it just me or do the posts from the rlshosting.com person (Michael) seem awful suspicious?

• cedriccedric Member

Not just you - I've noticed it too

• drmikedrmike Member

Others do as well to be honest. Have to admit that rlshosting wasn't on my list until those recent comments.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Personally I'm thinking the 'anon' guy is involved. rlshosting's website disappeared, or so he claims, so I wouldn't doubt he got the nasty end of a flood.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."

And I have to say ditching OSQA made us muuuch stronger. :) If you need any assistance LEA don't be afraid to ask any of us, I'm sure we're all more than willing to assist in any way we can. :)

• well, i'm really out of idea who behind this. maybe it's like DDoS day or something, get one that too in my NC node. but relative small attack if compared with what you get in LEB/LET.

• This "v3" site is now hosted on the VPS sponsored by eNetSouth in Chicago. I'll be restoring backups for the old OSQA site to bring that online sometime.

• cedriccedric Member

Welcome to Chicago! When's this site going public?

• I'll want to fix the old LowEndBox first. I am hoping sometime this week?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Great moving moving it to Chicago, Colocrossing has a great DDoS protection there :)

• RalliasRallias Member

@Jack said:
    jbiloh have you corrected mr drama on this?

Congratulations on bumping a 2 year old thread for the sole purpose of causing drama.

• RalliasRallias Member

@Jack said:
    Rallias LET needs some, it's gone quiet.

Not normal.

Seriously though... it's so fucking old it's created by @LowEndAdmin

• Egad! @Jack, are you trying to wake up the dead? :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

Nothing to discuss here anymore.

This discussion has been closed.