Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider / online.net reinstall option?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider / online.net reinstall option?

Looking for a really cheap dedi to host my own personal site/files and a TS server.

Does anyone know if the online.net and onesolution providers offer a reinstall via the CP? Research so far tells me that Oneprovider doesn't offer it with their 9 euro dedi?

Comments

• There is no re-install features in Oneprovider's control panel, at least for the Paris location. If you bump up to the 20 euro or more server you can do it in the IPMI session by mounting an ISO as a virtual cd/dvd. Works well.

Another option if you want a US server is the $20 Delimiter deal. You can re-install via Delimiter's control panel.

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited January 2014

@kcobra I was wanting to stick to the EU as I am based in the UK. Also had a quick look at soyoustart.com but don't really want to pay a setup fee which is almost equal to that of the cost of the server per month.

Kimsufi seems to be £30 a month plus.

Online.net 9.99 offers looks to be on "back order" as well.

Digicube.fr - the above two seem to have better offers - hd space/ram, etc.

Oneprovider seem to have stock but not being able to reinstall could be quite annoying, especially if ticket times are bad.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

• For the france one i got, it was got no fees for requesting reinstall from open ticket. but i just got decided to going with proxmox, so i just can create 1 VPS and use all the resource but still can reinstall as many times as i can.

• @krs360 said:
    kcobra I was wanting to stick to the EU as I am based in the UK. Also had a quick look at soyoustart.com but don't really want to pay a setup fee which is almost equal to that of the cost of the server per month.

Kimsufi seems to be £30 a month plus.

Online.net 9.99 offers looks to be on "back order" as well.

Digicube.fr - the above two seem to have better offers - hd space/ram, etc.

Oneprovider seem to have stock but not being able to reinstall could be quite annoying, especially if ticket times are bad.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

You could just install proxmox and run your stuff from inside containers. That way if you mess it up inside a container you can just reinstall it rather than having to touch the host OS.

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited January 2014

True, just noticed some of the atoms are 8.50 with the setup fee @ 9.99.

online.net are due to get more stock tomorrow of the lower end server so I'll pick up one of those for now and avoid the setup costs. Looks like I'll install Proxmox (which I've used before) and go from there.