Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server

stallionstallion Member
edited January 2014 in General

Dear Friends,
I want to sell vps hosting and I am looking for a dedicated server with these specs.
Please suggest me.

1. My budget is less than 50 $

2. Must have cheap ip addresses so that I can sell unlimited number of accounts.

3. The host must be cooperative. I mean lets suppose if one of the clients is spamming then I expect my host to report it to me so that I can ban the culprit. A noncooperative host will ban my whole account instead. I hope you understand.

4. Location must be USA

5. Ram must be atleast 16 GB

You can add any more requirements if you can think of any which will be needed for selling VPS hosting. I can only think of these at the moment.
Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks

Comments

• Do you ever have experience in hosting industry?

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    qps delimiter

I know about both these hosts. I asked Delimeter support about this and they told me they won't allow more ips.
    Quick packet's servers are mostly out of stock but I keep checking their site almost everyday. Anymore suggestions?

• well i dont think you could have stable node with your budget :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

@stallion said:

I doubt anyone will give allow an unlimited amount of IP's on a $50 dedicated server.

You may want to try Ubiquity on an off chance but I doubt there hardware for $50 would even be worth putting VPS's onto it.

• @Reece @tuguhost

What should be a suitable budget for this sort of thing considering I am on a low budget?

@budi1413

Not sure what you mean by that.

• stallionstallion Member
    edited January 2014

double post

• @stallion said:
    Reece tuguhost

What should be a suitable budget for this sort of thing considering I am on a low budget?

your best bet would dacentec you could get dual l5420 with 16 gb ram + /27 of IPv4 Addresses for $70/mo

• @stallion - you can get subnets now but Delimiter doesn't want problem customers. So if you bring spammers, DOS'ers and it causes disruption for other cusomers - they'll shutdown the server. Their priority is to keep their netblocks clean so that the majority of customers are not affected.

On a 16GB server, you really are not going to get many VPS's on there - especially if you are looking a lowend processors.

• stallionstallion Member
    edited January 2014

Well obviously I don't intend to sell to spammers thats why I am looking for a server in America. So my intentions are good but you know there are all sorts of people in the world. There is no way to foretell or predict who is going to spam and who is not.

• @stallion said:
    Well obviously I don't intend to sell to spammers thats why I am looking for a server in America. So my intentions are good but you know there are all sorts of people in the world. There is no way to foretell or predict who is going to spam and who is not.

i think you have to monitor/prevent this yourself somehow, you can't run business on just good faith.

• @stallion As @mark_r says you have to monitor and police this yourself. You can use a variety of tools to prevent DDOS/mass mailing from your servers, so that as soon as something untoward happens, the tool will simply shutdown the offending VPS.

Its critical for us and our customers to keep our IP space clean and our network free of errors. One bad server can cause a whole lot of damage to the IP blocks reputation or cause disruption to other customers.

Thanked by 1kalius
  • Hi, we offer servers - if you're looking to do shared or vps hosting.

Get in touch with us at https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we'll work something out with you.