Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM just restocked all their VPS 15mins ago.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM just restocked all their VPS 15mins ago.

kyakykyaky Member
edited January 2014 in General

just wanna tell everyone that BuyVM just restocked all their VPS.

Their storage VPS supports windows and private vlan.

direct link: http://www.buyvm.net

aff link: https://my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=734

If you don't mind, you can buy from my aff link to help me a bit.

Comments

• Too expensive nowadays.

• support123support123 Member
    edited January 2014

it is buyvm.net

buyvm.com is hijacked by other person :)

• @albertdb said:
    Too expensive nowadays.

true, they cost more than before

• @ftpit said:
    it is buyvm.net

thx for the reminding , edited

• Pretty sure they've had stock :P

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • I know this was a big deal some years ago, but these days I've never tried to buy something from BuyVM for it to tell me there's no stock.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

@ftpit said:
    it is buyvm.net

I have a question for you. I bought a vps from ftpit 4 months ago. If I dont remember wrong, last month or two months ago you guys upgraded the nodes to SSD powered.

Do old VPS get upgraded to your new SSD nodes?

• @Zen said:
    The world is ending :)

Perhaps I will pick up a New Jersey, haven't tried that location yet.

I haven't tried any of their VPS yet. not sure what theirs are good about.

• akzakz Member

any working codes?

• support123support123 Member
    edited January 2014

@kyaky Old vps nodes have not been upgraded.Just all our new openvz nodes are ssd -- New ssd servers locations Buffalo and Chicago

• @kyaky said:
    I haven't tried any of their VPS yet. not sure what theirs are good about.

i tried once their kvm storage vps

the network speed is painfully slow ( maybe they changed that ) but i had a negative network performance with them.

what i find very positive about them is that after opening a ticket requesting a refund

they gave it to me without hassles, i think that was really cool from them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Mark_R said:
    they gave it to me without hassles, i think that was really cool from them.

Probably were one of our first storage customers :) The first storage node we did was an....experience.

We've been upgrading all of our openvz customers (old and new) to pure SSD's.

We're rolling out nightly backups (also free on all 256MB+ plans) in the coming couple weeks.

No, we're not the cheapest but I'd rather compete on features than coupons.

Francisco

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n isalem
  • I don't agree that their offering is too expensive. For example,

$3.5 / month for a 256MB, 2 core VM with 30GB HDD space and 1GB premium bandwidth.

You think that this should be any cheaper?

Disclaimer: I used to be a happy Buyvm customer before I switched to a more flexible solution with a rapid VM deploy/destroy that I needed for my development purchases.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I have a 256mb ovz plan with a DDoS protected IP, comes to like $6.50 a month.

I'd much rather pay that per month for those specs and the reliability, than to pay that per month for 5gb ram.

Thanked by 2Francisco regs
  • regsregs Member
    edited January 2014

I have 2 BuyVM servers, there are providers now that are at the same level but I would argue that BuyVM pretty much set the standard for good reliable service at a good price.

EDIT: And still raising the bar

• I've been a happy customer since August 2010.

@regs said:
    I have 2 BuyVM servers, there are providers now that are at the same level but I would argue that BuyVM pretty much set the standard for good reliable service at a good price.

Maybe but we keep rolling out goodies ;) Plenty are still saying we're full of it about backups/snapshots but I'll show them.... I'll show them all!

On that note, here's the initial server I put together the other day for said backups/snapshots: http://imgur.com/a/SPctY

I'm really excited to get it all into public beta.

Francisco

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • xyzxyz Member

Francisco said: We've been upgrading all of our openvz customers (old and new) to pure SSD's.

If 128MB plan has 15GB SSD storage, that's actually pretty good value. I don't recall seeing 15GB SSD storage for $15/year before.

• @xyz said:
    If 128MB plan has 15GB SSD storage, that's actually pretty good value. I don't recall seeing 15GB SSD storage for $15/year before.

Last email I read about it said that it was only for the other plans. However, that email was from late September so things could easily have changed since then.

• BuyVM are one of my favourite providers. They had a few hiccups during the Las Vegas transition, but all's been fine otherwise. Rock solid for my ZNC.

• @xyz said:

Yeah, as said I believe it was 256MB+

Only the 256MB+ plans went to pure SSD.

Users didn't lose any space in the upgrade, nor did they lose any additional space they bought.

1GB & 2GB plans got upgraded diskspace & BW wise (though they're still outside of LE pricing).

The $15/y's will likely stay as they are for now. I may upgrade the caching we do on them to speed them up more, but as of right now we're in no rush.

Francisco

• @Reece said:
    Pretty sure they've had stock :P

I thought they had stock for a long time as well. Maybe not everything, but at least there was always something to order.

• @mpkossen said:
    I thought they had stock for a long time as well. Maybe not everything, but at least there was always something to order.

Yup same for me every time i've had a browse.

I guess the OP is just trying to push his affiliate link ;)

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Last time I checked, they're all sold out. So.. I doubt that's the case.