Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB half dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB half dead?

komokomo Member
edited March 2012 in General

subject says it all. I know that "new leb-admins" are not paid for posting and I am maybe underestimating what they do but LEB had more updates when good old leb-admin was on vacation.

Thanked by 3Amfy onepound Spirit

Comments

• Last email offer I sent to LEB bounced :(

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I sent a few emails but I never received a reply....

• Last time I messaged Chief through a PM with a suggestion, he threatened to delete my account. Last PM I got from him, he threatened to ban me.

• AmfyAmfy Member

A better question should be: What could we do against that? - Could the Community help him / prewrite the posts?

On the last time we tryed that with the Deadpoole post (https://piratenpad.org/p/6e9VqzF6FCQui3v) but mostly nobody went in.

• The community dies after all these DDoS and kiddie providers.

• The community only dies when they start making posts about suicide. Oh wait...

• lawllawl Member
    edited March 2012

The community only dies when they start making posts about suicide. Oh wait...

No. LEB!=LET.
    Also I tend to agree with @WhiteLabelHosting. If you don't have the time, don't do it. I'm reading around here for quite some time but i just don't have the time to actively participate. That's why I don't do it. Hell I have a shitload of ideas to improve around here. But I don't have the time, so I don't do it or complain about it (except for now).

Tough at last i'd say: if you can do it better, do it better. if you can't, start complaining but don't count on any changes.

• Let @Aldryic have LEB and I'll take LET.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Just over a month ago we had people complaining there are too many offers on LEB ...

I still think that recent decrease in number of offers posted is only temporary (due to already known reasons) and we'll go back to usual several offers per day.

• @Naruto said: and I'll take LET.

Well that wouldn't be damaging for LET, would it. LOL

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @onepound said: Well that wouldn't be damaging for LET, would it. LOL

He'd lock it down to where we'd only get posts about how good VPS6 and their live chat is.

• LESLES Member

Previously is was worth to visit each day... now once a week is nearly a waste of time!

• I believe Chief is off or away (personal business?) and another of the three leaders is in the midst of a datacentre migration. So why not just cut 'em some slack. Lots of great offers here in the Offers forum.

• @LES said: Previously is was worth to visit each day... now once a week is nearly a waste of time!

it's worth checking but not taking part. that's what happens when something gets main stream. 2 years ago LEB was a great place.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • LEB should just be redirected here to the forum. It has been pointless to even have it up for a long time now.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • If the only active topics in LET are about suicide, then I guess its dead.

• You look at LEB as half dead. I prefer to look at it as half alive :)

Thanked by 2Amfy Andri
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: I prefer to look at it as half alive :)

Glass-half-full kinda guy. Me too :)

• The glass is twice as large as it needs to be.

• @OneTwo said: that's what happens when something gets main stream. 2 years ago LEB was a great place.

Aah fuck, here come the hipsters.

• Remember that movie with that blonde dude that looked like Zorro that was tied to that machine and pumped with water or something and had that giant friend and the one with permed hair that told this six fingered guy that he killed his father and now he's going to kill him? That guy was once an example of what mostly dead is, and they were able to save him.

• ZettaZetta Member

@Naruto ...What?
    ...WHAT?
    No, I don't remember.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

When the old admins announced they were leaving, I had the idea to use an old IPB license i have to setup something like LEB, with two streams: one offers that are somewhat vetted and commented on (perhaps rated), and another with a raw stream of offers.

But then they announced LEB/LET was being reborn and I said, eh, it's being done elsewhere. Between LEB and WHT, I'm not sure there's room for another VPS review/discussion forum.

• Everyone make their own Vanilla forums and we'll see which ones get popular and we can have different places to hang out and say different things. Ta-da!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well, Joe has been tied up with his own projects and Chief is likely back logged on his own personal work. Mark's been the only one writing articles and i'm sure he has a full time job outside of LEB.

Maybe LEB needs to pickup more article writers :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1marrco
  • Maybe BuyVM needs to stop adding stock and do things Naruto cares about, like making another Vanilla forums to hang out on.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Naruto said: Maybe BuyVM needs to stop adding stock and do things Naruto cares about, like making another Vanilla forums to hang out on.

lol. I sent a sales email in last week but it never got posted either :(

Francisco

• LowEndDreamer

@Naruto said: do things Naruto cares about, like making another Vanilla forums to hang out on.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

Whole concept of LEB failed when they start with "host need to meet this and that requirements and mail them to us in order to be featured at LEB" ideology. Wtf? Fail. LEA never did that. Infact it all started and also continued with himself posting new discoveries from everywhere, etc.. insted of waiting for hosts to send him offers. Who care for same offers from same hosts whole time anyway?

I don't think that new mods/admins/whatever are too clueless to find new hosts, they are just too clueless about LEB itself. How it all started and what it was. Is any of them capable to take initiative to post something like "yesterday I found this host.." instead of passively waiting for same and same BUSINESS OFFERS from hosts we all know and have already. Is it that hard to understand that LEB wasn't build around "here is new deal from xy host" but around "look what I found... this could be interesting".

• in LEA era this site was for sharing info regarding lowendbox providers, to find great deals, discuss about them and to introduce unknown lowend hosts to growing community
    • in new era this site is just for: send me good offers in proper format!

What about all potential lowendbox hosts which aren't part of this community, especially foreign hosts? Unless you send offer to LEB you have zero to none chance to be introduced at LEB in those days and that just isn't LEB I knew.

@vedran said: I still think that recent decrease in number of offers posted is only temporary (due to already known reasons)

Yeah, right! 2 - 3 days of ddos prevent LEB site and whole LEB community to function.. for few months? How many months of inactivity will be needed before someone will realize that months and months isn't really "temporary". Even already inactive LEA did more on vacations for LEB activity than this team doing it whole time.