Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crypto Currencies effect on business ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crypto Currencies effect on business ...

JupiterJupiter Member
edited January 2014 in General

Last two months i have seen Dedicated server prices go up, Certain models disappear from the market (L5639) and VPS's crashing more often then usual.

This crypto BS is starting to affect business ...

Any others with similar experience?

Thanked by 2Mark_R dhamaniasad

Comments

• currency mining does have impact on hardware..my sympathy to those providers who get abusive clients...they deserve to die

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2014

This only affects the old hardware market (i.e. L5639 and similar). Obviously nobody is using brand new hardware for mining as it would be too expensive.

• Prices sure have gone up but they haven't disappeared. Still L5520 / L5630 / L5639 around.

• rds100 said: This only affects the old hardware market

Not really. Check Amazon EC2 GPU spot prices to have a laugh ...

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

concerto49 said: Prices sure have gone up but they haven't disappeared. Still L5520 / L5630 / L5639 around.

I have seen prices on used L5639 double on ebay. AMD 7950 GPUs triple in price. If that is not called disappearing ... then what ...

• Jupiter said: I have seen prices on used L5639 double on ebay. AMD 7950 GPUs triple in price. If that is not called disappearing ... then what ...

It's called it still exists. Just a market of supply and demand.

• Jupiter said: Not really. Check Amazon EC2 GPU spot prices to have a laugh ...

That's totally Amazon's fault with their $100 free credit - kids get multiple times the $100 credit and use it for mining.

• rds100 said: That's totally Amazon's fault with their $100 free credit - kids get multiple times the $100 credit and use it for mining.

Not really. That might explain why spot prices are above break even point ...

• you might be right, but that would be a great shame because i read that mining isn't worth it anymore due the difficulty?

is that true? i know nothing about mining but i was considering doing it.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

said: VPS's crashing more often then usual.

http://www.venganza.org/images/PiratesVsTemp.png

Thanked by 1talsit
  • I haven't really seen thus effect, but I can't imagine it's false. (which is why out of respect I do all of my mining locally on my machines)