Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA Force Emails
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA Force Emails

I just checked my outlook email (used for spam/one time website signups etc)

And i saw this:

It's about my TPB proxy, but it's hosted in NL behind CloudFlare (domain is also behind WHOIS Privacy).

I got 143 of those emails since the 5th of december 2013. Don't they know how to stop? It's getting kinda annoying

Comments

1. On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
    2. Click the Blocked Senders tab.
    3. Add their Email Adress.
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

That's cute.

http://www.dmcaforce.com/microsoft-sends-itself-a-takedown-notice/: DMCA Force is well aware of the problem that can be created when false takedown notices are sent. That is why our team of experts personally examines each and every offense to ensure that a credible site isn’t at risk of being taken down. Our experts also know exactly what to look for when establishing if an offense is legitimate or not. Needless to say, the human element is crucial for effective DMCA takedown notices.

Looks like that "human element" is working well for them :)

• iSidleiSidle Member
    edited December 2013

DMCA does not apply in The Netherlands, they can't do shit.
    Further, our country is pretty soft on Copyright infringements. So except you get an email from Tim Kuik A.K.A Stichting BREIN You have nothing to fear.