Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any mirrors that need extra resources?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any mirrors that need extra resources?

Question is obvious I think. Have some idle servers around. Hoping I can dedicated those to a opensource mirror. (As far as I know Debian and Ubuntu mirrors aren't in need of more)

Comments

• I could make use of them if you are will to provide some space for xbmcnightlybuilds.com

I distribute development builds of xbmc and openelec which are opensource media players.

• @prae5 said:
    I could make use of them if you are will to provide some space for xbmcnightlybuilds.com

I distribute development builds of xbmc and openelec which are opensource media players.

How much space do you need, and how do we mirror?

Mun

• And how much bandwith do you expect? (I don't know how big the roms are) 500gb, 1 2 3 4 30 333TB and so on.

• My full mirrors are about 150gb or so - but really there is no need to mirror all of that. I'm looking at changing things so that only the previous 30 days of builds are served from mirrors and stable builds - everything else will be available from one of my archives.

Bandwidth requirements for individual mirrors is fairly minimal - perhaps 100Gb per month - although haven't put together stats on that in a while.

Would be great if any of you can offer space once I've reworked some of the setup on my side.