Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quickpacket vs dacentec ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

quickpacket vs dacentec ??

Hello

Which One is Best quickpacket vs dacentec ??

Any Review ??

Please

thanks

Comments

• You want to review on Price or Hardware or Support or Offers? If you are more specific, we can help you better.

@qps is active here and have very good offers.

• Both are good budget dedicated server providers.

Personally I like Dacentec because of their Rent-To-Own and network is great.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Support the little guy, go with quickpacket.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Last time I left dacentec it was because the network was complete trash. Uptime was good, routes were stupid bad and you couldn't even burst a gigabit line.

I believe my words to them were "At what point do you just go ahead and call it a 300mbit line? Because I haven't seen more than that in months."

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Quickpacket no doubt, Dacentec has been absolutely terrible since the takeover and frankly it wasn't all that great before either. Quickpacket are a solid provider.

Thanked by 1qps
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

qps has no ipv6, not sure about dacentec

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Loving my dual L5520 from Quickpacket, can't recommend them more honestly.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @jarland said:
    Last time I left dacentec it was because the network was complete trash. Uptime was good, routes were stupid bad and you couldn't even burst a gigabit line.

I believe they recently upgraded their nLayer capacity, it's not a bad network.

http://bgp.he.net/AS31863 (Mostly Tinet / nLayer)

@Infinity said:
    Quickpacket no doubt, Dacentec has been absolutely terrible since the takeover and frankly it wasn't all that great before either. Quickpacket are a solid provider.

I am experiencing the opposite actually.. Centrilogic aren't bad.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

+1 for @qps. QP all the way :P

Thanked by 1qps
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2013

If I am still correct, dacentec has both premium and budget network options. This may be the reason for the different results above. The premium was very good. The budget bandwidth option was not near as good as the premium.

EDIT: ah, maybe wrong company.

• @FrankZ said:
    If I am still correct, dacentec has both premium and budget network options. This may be the reason for the different results above. The premium was very good. The budget bandwidth option was not near as good as the premium.

Not that I know of....

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

We did have some problems over the summer with Cogent, moving to Nlayer as our primary carrier and adding private peering links to cable operators like Charter has solved the problems.

• @agentmishra said:
    qps has no ipv6, not sure about dacentec

I have a dedicated with dacentec and they have ipv6...

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • We have a rack @dacentec and had no problems at all. The support is great and the power is stable. Nlayer made things even better. Can't go wrong with Dacentec!

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Loving +1 @qps

Thanked by 1qps
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Definitely @qps customer service is better, pricing is better, network is way better!

Thanked by 1qps
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

QPS is great. I've never heard anything good about dacentec.

Thanked by 1qps
  • Things have improved with Dacentec's new blend. Although like most people have said if you don't need a RTO I think QPS would be best.

• I have a 2xl5520 with quickpacket. They managed to setup within a few hours unlike other providers which take days or even more than a week or 2.

Thanked by 1qps
  • Quickpacket, not a bad network either :-)

• Can't go wrong with either. Heard nothing but great things about QuickPacket, but have never used their services yet.

Dacentec used to have lots of network downtimes, due to maintenance. Also seemed to have very, very wierd routing at times, but seems to be great now. They have also since upgraded their network and mix and support with them is also excellent.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • @qps : from this we know that you're bad....

thanks

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

myqwertyhost said: @qps : from this we know that you're bad....

thanks

Because you're upset that you sent spam from your server and we terminated your service as a result? Our Terms of Service is clear about spam.

Thanked by 1mawr
  • @myqwertyhost said:
    qps : from this we know that you're bad....
    thanks

They are definitely not bad.

Thanked by 1qps
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@myqwertyhost said:
    qps : from this we know that you're bad....

If you wanna see bad, check this site out: http://myqwertyhost.net

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @qps said:
    Because you're upset that you sent spam from your server and we terminated your service as a result? Our Terms of Service is clear about spam.

was wondering why he was complaining so much ive qps has always been great to i think almost everyone on LET

Thanked by 1qps
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@jarland said:
    If you wanna see bad, check this site out: http://myqwertyhost.net

so basicly he is "running a hosting business" and going around abusing services from other providers?

what a joke.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @qps : as you know,I have confim to my user,I have as them about abuse spam, my user said, his vps clear OS, fresh instalation,not use any service,
    And for my server, you not give me log and sent email about abuse

If any people believe me,I can give my email login to check are there is email from @qps or not

Thanks

• VPNVPN Member

@myqwertyhost said:
    qps : as you know,I have confim to my user,I have as them about abuse spam, my user said, his vps clear OS, fresh instalation,not use any service,
    And for my server, you not give me log and sent email about abuse

If any people believe me,I can give my email login to check are there is email from qps or not

Thanks

I would like to see this. I have nothing but good things to say about @qps

Also, your site - Pentium 4 Dedi? WTF. And no SSL certificate for your SSL site, nice.

Thanked by 1qps
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

OkieDoke said: I would like to see this.

Even if he followed through on this, he probably would clear out his e-mail account from the messages we sent notifying him that his server was sending spam before letting anyone in.

We sent them to him multiple times. He's either lying about not receiving them, or they went into his spam folder and he never bothered to check there.