Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Web Hosting Panels with WHMCS Automation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Web Hosting Panels with WHMCS Automation?

CltcamCltcam Member
edited December 2013 in General

I’ve been looking at the modules for WHMCS, and I’m looking for a good, free web panel that operates on any linux based OS.
So far I’ve found http://www.virtualmin.com . Is there anything better that you guys know of?

Thanks!

Comments

• VestaCP

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2013

EDIT- Just use VestaCP.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited December 2013

@mcmyhost said:
    VestaCP

Vesta looks really nice, but I don’t see a WHMCS module for it when scrolling through the default automation modules. https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/blob/master/install/rhel/whmcs-module.php could work. Can anyone confirm if that is working or not?

• Thanks for the download links. I’m going to test it, but I can’t figure out where to put the .php file. Can’t find anything in the modules folder of WHMCS.

• @Cltcam said:
    Thanks for the download links. I’m going to test it, but I can’t figure out where to put the .php file. Can’t find anything in the modules folder of WHMCS.

Create a VestaCP folder in the /modules/ and put the PHP file in there.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Cltcam said:
    Vesta looks really nice, but I don’t see a WHMCS module for it when scrolling through the default automation modules. https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/blob/master/install/rhel/whmcs-module.php could work. Can anyone confirm if that is working or not?

Yes. I use it for MXroute.

• @mcmyhost said:

Did that, but it’s not showing up under module settings as an option. Should I clear my cache or something?

• @Cltcam said:
    Did that, but it’s not showing up under module settings as an option. Should I clear my cache or something?

Restart Apache?

@Cltcam said:

You just add a server and it's in there with cPanel, etc.

• @jarland said:

That's what I'm talking about, it's not there.

@Cltcam said:

modules/servers/vesta/vesta.php

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2013

@Cltcam said:

Try...
    /modules/servers/ Create "VestaCP" Folder

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited December 2013

@jarland said:
    modules/servers/vesta/vesta.php

Jarland was correct. Thanks a lot for the help guys; I look forward to working with VestaCP.

• edited December 2013

Virtualmin is fine, I'm using it on several servers. The only problem is it need a port number in WHMCS setting, this may lead to some incorrect hostnames in default email templates.

• @AstroProfundis said:
    Virtualmin is fine, I'm using it on several servers. The only problem is it need a port number in WHMCS setting, this may lead to some incorrect hostnames in default email templates.

You mean the ones WHMCS sends out?

• edited December 2013

@wych said:
    You mean the ones WHMCS sends out?

Yes, they show up as "FTP address: your.host.name:10000", as the hostname in WHMCS' server setting contains the port.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

How long has this control panel been around for? I'm shocked that I hadn't heard of it until now...

• @BrianHarrison said:
    How long has this control panel been around for? I'm shocked that I hadn't heard of it until now...

I first heard of it a few mins months ago, seems to have had a fast development

• Try Kloxo or Kloxo-MR. The Kloxo has some bugs.

• BuyMyVm said: Try Kloxo or Kloxo-MR. The Kloxo has some bugs.

Use Kloxo-MR. The latest Kloxo 6.1.12 is not suitable for selling shared hosting, and you have to patch several files otherwise when you add/move a domain, the virtual host setting on apache will break.

• Kloxo should honestly just be put out of everyone's misery. Its something that shouldn't have been invented.

At least 50% of boxes I've seen compromised, the box is running Kloxo.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Jeffrey
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    Use Kloxo-MR. The latest Kloxo 6.1.12 is not suitable for selling shared hosting, and you have to patch several files otherwise when you add/move a domain, the virtual host setting on apache will break.

@MarkTurner said:
    Kloxo should honestly just be put out of everyone's misery. Its something that shouldn't have been invented.

Isn't the guy that's doing the -MR release doing a semi-decent job?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I think the only job that can be done with that code base is a complete overhaul, starting with 'rm -rf *'

Most of these 'homegrown' control panels are insecure - in fact scale that to almost all the commercial control panels (sad to say because I am a Brit) especially the British ones.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • MarkTurner said: Kloxo should honestly just be put out of everyone's misery. Its something that shouldn't have been invented.

True if you offer shared hosting. Once your customer gain access to ssh, they can exploit it and gain root access.

• Sorry to bump this. I’m using VestaCP atm, and I find it really nice, but honestly it lacks simplicity for the type of people who are going to be using it. For example, there’s no clear FTP details, and no web-FTP. Only your FTP username is displayed, then you’re expected to know what port to use and ETC. My friends who use the panel wouldn’t have a clue how to use it. IS there anything simpler?

• I've been testing ZPanelCP for an email only solution. It works pretty well.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

which of these support ipv6

also whic of these support clustering (atleast dns clustering like cpanel dns only)