Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free Cpanel alternative!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best free Cpanel alternative!

Hello,
I'm searching a free webhosting control panel.
It will be used for a small webhosting business.

Is Zpanel good for this?
Or which one do you advice?

Comments

• @m0dg0d said:
    Hello,
    I'm searching a free webhosting control panel.
    It will be used for a small webhosting business.

Is Zpanel good for this?
    Or which one do you advice?

Virtualmin is good and stable. Kloxo is too unstable. Zpanel is ok but I'm not sure how stable it is.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

zpanel is bad idea security-wise.
    Virtualmin is the most complete I know which also allows you to upgrade the OS and use other services seaminglesly.
    There are many others, but not so tested and maintained as this.
    You cant go wrong learning about virtualmin.

• jhjh Member

Virtualmin is your best option.

• How about VestaCP?

• I use Virtualmin. Always have done and it serves me well.
    There is a free version (GPL) and also a paid pro version.

In my experience, the GPL will do just fine for most people however if you're looking for an extensive script installer like softaculous or the ability to create reseller accounts then you'll need the pro version.

virtualmin.com/download.html has all the information you need! :)

• mazkermazker Member
    edited December 2013

But i use kloxo for personal usage. Its works fine for me and very easy to install too. But its unstable and seems to be seen like a uncomplete panel.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    How about VestaCP?

I'm going to test VestaCP one of these days. I either end up using Virtualmin, CPanel/WHM (yep, not free), or nothing at all. VestaCP does look like a nice control panel.

• Who would pay for zpanel hosting!

you are probably better off starting with a cPanel reseller account until you get enough clients..

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

all the panels don't seem to have a good support for nginx. some do but just not that flexible. if you don't care about using apache then virtualmin does the job.

• I've been meaning to try VestaCP for a while. I've actually today just freed up a VPS I'm not using so maybe I'll drop it on there and have a play :)

• I've been using i-mscp on all my Debian/Ubuntu VPSes since 3 years. It has everything I need, it's open source and well supported.

• agonyztagonyzt Member
    edited December 2013

If you speak Russian, I suggest you to go with VestaCP. It's very nice but their forum is pretty much all Russian... so if you want support, you either have to understand or pay for it.

If you don't, ISPConfig is the best cPanel alternative in my opinion. ISPConfig is BETTER than VestaCP on almost every aspect, it's just more complicated and not as "good looking" (subjective).

• Install LNMP stack yourself :)

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    Install LNMP stack yourself :)

That would be hard to manage as he want to do web hosting business.

• still love kloxo as free
    working good for centos 64bit and php53

• @OkieDoke said:
    I use Virtualmin. Always have done and it serves me well.
    There is a free version (GPL) and also a paid pro version.

In my experience, the GPL will do just fine for most people however if you're looking for an extensive script installer like softaculous or the ability to create reseller accounts then you'll need the pro version.

virtualmin.com/download.html has all the information you need! :)

I think this will be my solution.
    Trying it.

• @budi1413 said:
    That would be hard to manage as he want to do web hosting business.

Ah, didn't read that part...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You know what no one brings up in these threads? Enkompass. It's basically cpanel for windows, and it's free.

I prefer vesta but I just wanted to make an off the wall suggestion that I never see :)

• VestaCP is the best automated install I ever found.

• Webmin is really good! (that's what I use on my non Cent OS servers, no matter how ironic that sounds)

• Plesk 11.. not free but 2€ from netsys-online.com ..

• If you get a server from DS/WII DirectAdmin is free..

• I use KloxoMR and is very good. I used zPanel, is a piece of crap, and other control panels. And true, Virtualmin is good aswell.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited December 2013

@jarland said:
    You know what no one brings up in these threads? Enkompass. It's basically cpanel for windows, and it's free.

I prefer vesta but I just wanted to make an off the wall suggestion that I never see :)

VestaCP is working nicely for me, thanks for being the one to originally point it out. :) Enkompass is hardly supported, I'm not even sure if it's under active development anymore, the last release was over a year ago, also Windows...

@earl said:
    If you get a server from DS/WII DirectAdmin is free..

DirectAdmin is nice, it runs on Debian which is one of the best things about VestaCP as well.

• DirectAdmin is good. For free you can prefer virtualmin.

• I've just started using ISPConfig3, it's not bad and I have had no complaints from clients about it

• Tuxlite + Ajenti = Awesome

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @jarland said:

They don't bring it up cuz windows is shit for servers.

• On the contrary, Windows is far superior as a server platform than Linux.