Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Benchmark - is this good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Benchmark - is this good?

Hello,

I just bought one of KVM3 server from BlueVM, then I ran a Serverbearbenchmark. Can you tell me if it's good or not? http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/12/01/MH2v1AKUJqwb70nw

For me CPU power doesn't look that good.

Thank you :)

Comments

• lukasubolukasubo Member
    edited December 2013

Go here and click the comparisons tab. It's set to compare yours with other <$7 servers. Also, I've seen far better I/O speeds. You got: 101 MB/s, 107 MB/s, 46.4 MB/s and 5.9 MB/s. On RamNode, I get 1.2GB/s.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited December 2013

Doesn't look very good. Badest result in the list.

• @BlueVM Yes the CPU does looks few times low, Maybe someone else would be running some CPU intensive process or benchmark @ the same time.

• @lukasubo said:
    Go here and click the comparisons tab. It's set to compare yours with other <$7 servers. Also, I've seen far better I/O speeds. You got: 101 MB/s, 107 MB/s, 46.4 MB/s and 5.9 MB/s. On RamNode, I get 1.2GB/s.

Why are you comparing RamNode with BlueVM? :DDDD

• Do you think I could ask for a node switch?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Casius said:

More like why is he comparing SATA to SSD :rolleyes:

edited December 2013

@Casius said:

@AlexanderM said:
    More like why is he comparing SATA to SSD :rolleyes:

Damn, forgot RamNode was SSD... :P

Still, I've seen RAID10 SSD-CACHED setups with 250 - 500 MB/s.

• @lukasubo said:
    Still, I've seen RAID10 SSD-CACHED setups with 250 - 500 MB/s.

Still, you're comparing apples to oranges.

• Well, it's not the disc speed which makes me think about a node move request. Its the CPU speed. Do you think I should ask for a move?

• @Casius said:

Damn, I thought BlueVM was SSD-CACHED... Oh well, I only use them for shared hosting.

• @trexos said:
    Well, it's not the disc speed which makes me think about a node move request. Its the CPU speed. Do you think I should ask for a move?

I'd talk to support about it first, they're very helpful. I asked them to update their Softaculous and they had it done almost right away.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@trexos Are you using any CPU intensive app there ?

• not bad ioping

• @drserver said:
    trexos Are you using any CPU intensive app there ?

Well I want to run Windows and sometimes Debian 7 with not CPU intensive apps. But everything is a little bit slow on the VPS.

First I do another benchmark and then I will ask the support if they can do anything. Thank you :)

edited December 2013

@Casius said:

@lukasubo said:
    Damn, I thought BlueVM was SSD-CACHED... Oh well, I only use them for shared hosting.

Also, 5.9MB/s is pathetic, no matter the setup.

• I asked BlueVM for a node change. They will do it, I'll post results once it's done.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited December 2013

After 2 days the node change is complete. I hit 370MB/s now. Waiting for ServerBear results.

• Here is the new benchmark:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/12/09/u89LDn2QAJnSPxzx
    A lot better.