Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet speeds ranking
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Internet speeds ranking

Comments

• "high tech" Germany on 27 -.-

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Romania back in top 3. With the recent 1 gbps for 15 $ deployments, that is only set to rise.

• Malaysia at #118.

• Indonesia #150, nice.....

• Sigh. Australia at #49... apparently I could move to Slovenia and get better speeds :/

edited November 2013

@SegmentationFault said:
    Sigh. Australia at #49... apparently I could move to Slovenia and get better speeds :/

For very small countries it is very easy, Hong-Kong and Singapore are top 2 for a reason, also many small countries in top.
    It takes a large country with a lot of rural population to test the actual development of the local internet.
    And, this is one of the very few things Romania is good at.

• USA is not fast....

• I'm moving to Hong Kong

Please remember those speeds are local. HK, Korea and many others come nowhere near that in international traffic.

• Wow!! Canada is #37! suppose I should be thankful it's not Afghanistan @ #186

Singapore
    52.85 Mbps

But in reality I don't think most ppl can get this...

@JerryHou said:
    Singapore
    52.85 Mbps

But in reality I don't think most ppl can get this...

On local MAN ? I think they do, but internationally, maybe not.

• @Maounique said:
    On local MAN ? I think they do, but internationally, maybe not.

yeah, I live in Singapore. Indeed as your said, for within Singapore, you can get what they promised. For 100M fiber here, you can get 100M for connections within Singapore, for international, usually 15M, 30M or 50M.

@JerryHou said:

Same here and I guess all over.
    I have 100 mbps that works around 70 mbps on MAN (outside my ISP) and about 50 up to Italy/France, then it goes down, some 30 to US in the east and as low as 10-20 on the west coast/japan, etc.
    I hope it will improve when the gbps port will be open.

• at #122 Cambodia is just above Haiti ... hard to believe the 4.22Mbps as I rarely get that, even on a deluxe connection.