Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers: announcements and holidays
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers: announcements and holidays

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Important announcement for providers about future announcements and the upcoming holiday season!

Future announcements

Future announcements to providers, i.e. about the holiday season or rule changes, will be made at the LowEndBox Helpdesk! I would not like to disturb the flow at LowEndBox.com with announcements targeted at providers, so moving them to the helpdesk seems like a sensible idea. LowEndTalk related announcements will still be made at LowEndTalk, for both end-users and providers. End-user announcements regarding LowEndBox.com will still be made at LowEndBox.com.

Holiday season

Tthe following has been posted at the helpdesk as well.

The holiday season is coming up and I'd really like to make it a fantastic season this year, also at LowEndBox! Therefore, I've come up with a schedule that enables me to post a nice amount of offers during the holidays. This is the schedule I came up with:

• Black Friday: 4 offers (randomly drawn), each posted 6 hours after the other, starting at midnight
  • Christmas Eve: 1 offer (randomly drawn), 12 hours, from noon to midnight
  • Christmas Day: 4 offers (randomly drawn), each posted 6 hours after the other, starting at midnight
  • Boxing Day: 4 offers (randomly drawn), each posted 6 hours after the other, starting at midnight

This is how it will work: providers can submit offers up to a certain deadline, at which point I will group them together in a special category in the helpdesk and randomly draw offers from them to be posted. You will be notified in advance about whether your offer will be posted or not, and if yes, when. Please do note: I will probably use canned responses for this to save my fingers a bit ;-)

Deadlines

There will be submission deadlines for these special holiday offers, otherwise I simply can't write them all in time. The deadline schedule is:

• Black Friday offers: 24 November at midnight UTC
  • Christmas offers: 20 December at midnight UTC

Please make sure any offers are submitted before the deadline. Especially for Christmas, I need to write 9 offers in addition to the normal ones. I have Christmas parties and festivities as well, so I'd like to write them ahead of time :-)

Thank you all for your cooperation and I look forward to your offers!

Comments

• Hello,

Just wondering how big is the current backlog on normal offers?

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • said: Tthe

Spelling error! ;)

• @LV_Matt said:
    Hello,

Just wondering how big is the current backlog on normal offers?

100 tickets and new ones coming in on a daily basis.

• Great news looking forward to join it.................

• Please actually pick out good low end offers from hosts that have been around for some time (since offering low price deals and getting a bunch of sign ups are a known tactic of what scam hosts do).

• @black said:
    Please actually pick out good low end offers from hosts that have been around for some time (since offering low price deals and getting a bunch of sign ups are a known tactic of what scam hosts do).

I'll pick them randomly, but I will check the submissions first for possible scammers.

• mpkossen said: I'll pick them randomly, but I will check the submissions first for possible scammers.

>

I'm glad to see you will be reviewing these prior to posting them. It helps everyone feel at ease when ordering one of these.

Thank you.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Who's ready for black friday?? :)

• @jbiloh said:
    Who's ready for black friday?? :)

If you give me a $10 dedicated server I will be cough

Thanked by 1tux
  • Sent insane deals for Christmas :p

• Hey @mpkossen does sending in offers the normal route in the helpdesk automatically put them in the running for the Christmas offers?

• RichardLeik said: Hey @mpkossen does sending in offers the normal route in the helpdesk automatically put them in the running for the Christmas offers?

Just put the word Christmas in there and I'll find them.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

If we are randomly selected again, would you still post an offer? :)

• @Nick_A said:
    If we are randomly selected again, would you still post an offer? :)

Yes.

• vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited December 2013

Does this mean that around christmas there will be a total of 5 offers only?

• It means that there will be nine offers over three days.

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited December 2013

Forget, it is in the OP

• Darwin said: When it will start? 25? Today?

Tomorrow, the 24th. You'll see ;-)

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited December 2013

Really like the HostHatch offer! Just a suggestion, a 512mb with highish SSD Cached space at a monthly rate would be lovely :)

• Well, tell them :P

• @mpkossen said:
    Well, tell them :P

wait... was that too me... if it was, I meant it as in a "if those kind of offers were submitted, i'd appreciate them over the 10 zillion gb ram for $7 offers" kind of way...

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

@skybucks100 said:
    wait... was that too me... if it was, I meant it as in a "if those kind of offers were submitted, i'd appreciate them over the 10 zillion gb ram for $7 offers" kind of way...

I do too, but most offers we get are those insane amounts of resources for $7. I just don't buy those :P At least not on OpenVZ and not unless I really trust the owner/company to do it right.

• @mpkossen said:
    I do too, but most offers we get are those insane amounts of resources for $7. I just don't buy those :P At least not on OpenVZ and not unless I really trust the owner/company to do it right.

Phew, I thought I was the only one! Well, if some providers do come along with reasonable prices and non insane amounts of resources, you should try and post those.

• I will.