Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End VPS But Using it for Hosting Industry : Which Provider ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End VPS But Using it for Hosting Industry : Which Provider ?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
How many of you are using a Low End Box for Hosting Industry ? I mean you have a Web Hosting Providing Company and to provide Shared & Reseller Hosting, you have bought a Low End VPS from the offers at LEB/LET and added cPanel to provision web hosting.

If You are in this category, then which Provider you are using ? How much you are spending for this ? How about the service ? Is it satisfying your need ? Do you ownself manage it ?

Comments

• Wait.... what?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am sure many do, we have quite a few people hosting their hosting business with us, from billing panels to the VPSes.
    Even tho not recommendable, some are using even OVerZold servers for that and moan when we shut them down for going over the maximum load for the plans.

• @ehostlab said:
    Hi,
    How many of you are using a Low End Box for Hosting Industry ? I mean you have a Web Hosting Providing Company and to provide Shared & Reseller Hosting, you have bought a Low End VPS from the offers at LEB/LET and added cPanel to provision web hosting.

If You are in this category, then which Provider you are using ? How much you are spending for this ? How about the service ? Is it satisfying your need ? Do you ownself manage it ?

Are you one them? Soon? :) hehe

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@xdevko007 said:
    Are you one them? Soon? :) hehe

I'm thinking to be them. :)

• @ehostlab said:
    I'm thinking to be them. :)

maybe u can ise vpsdime? :) higher ram?

@xdevko007 said:

I thought once, But the Disk Space is too low according to Ram & CPU Cores ! -_- Only 30 GB !

• Go with a reliable provider - don't focus on price/RAM if you can help it (or, if you're just starting out, once you get enough $$ to move up, do it) lest you get snagged by a deadpool host or an unreliable host.

In the US, look to Catalyst, BuyVM, RAMNode, Hostigation/Highspeedweb for reliable, top-notch service. IMO.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • You can run a nice virtualmin based shared hosting environment on a BuyVM box. I've had good success doing that in the past.

@ihatetonyy said:
    Go with a reliable provider - don't focus on price/RAM if you can help it (or, if you're just starting out, once you get enough $$ to move up, do it) lest you get snagged by a deadpool host or an unreliable host.

In the US, look to Catalyst, BuyVM, RAMNode, Hostigation/Highspeedweb for reliable, top-notch service. IMO.

I was thinking to sign up with INIZ :)

@rajprakash said:
    You can run a nice virtualmin based shared hosting environment on a BuyVM box. I've had good success doing that in the past.

My All customers require cPanel :) So, cPanel is a must.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Haven't bought a low end offer but a server from a provider (Inception Hosting) that post offers here.
    The site that offers shared hosting is http://www.freecpanelsharedhosting.com

• edited November 2013

We have many customers running their web hosting businesses on Evorack. cPanel seems to be very popular for this however I know of some customers that use HyperVM and ISPConfig. :)

• You also need to think about location of the VPS according to your target audience.

• I can recommend RocketVPS for your needs, since they offer cheaper cPanel and if you are luucky you can grab their promo offers which slash the price further on the VPS, WHMCS, cPanel and additional IPs. Uptime is great and performance is consistent.

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

I mean you have a Web Hosting Providing Company and to provide
    Shared & Reseller Hosting, you have bought a Low End VPS

If you're planning to be a 'host' you first need to think why a potential hostee would choose you from the 24,900,000 other 'hosts' they can find on gogglie - the main reasons we see people pick hots are

• uptime
    • performance
    • support
    • features/facilities (like sitebuilders, 1-click installers etc
      Price comes way down the list for anyone serious about their hosting arrangements.

Whilst I'm sure some do/can run things on an LEB, you may be restricting your business by focussing on Low-End and even if going VPS, need to think more about location before selecting provider - it will matter to your potential hostees.

If you're starting on a budget, look at reseller accounts from providers with a reliable setup - being one of a few resellers on a much bigger/better box - whilst there's no simple X GB RAM = Y Sites Hosted formula, 200 sites on a dual-quadcore with 8GB of RAM really doesnt mean you can equate that to 50 sites on a shared-cpu with 2GB.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @ehostlab: suggest using a KVM, not OpenVZ. Take your time and you can find pretty nice deals around here. Check out @SpeedBus (CrownCloud) or @Increhost. I mention those, because I have found them very quick to respond and flexible, willing to tailor their service to a client's individual needs. Plus they offer reasonably priced add-on IP's (something you will likely have a need for!).

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • Use Iniz.

• You can't have more than 1GB RAM KVM @ Iniz. You can't run shared hosting on 1GB RAM.

I have signed up with INIZ on their 2 GB Ram VPS, it's performing great. Thanks all for your help.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • kontam said: You can't have more than 1GB RAM KVM @ Iniz. You can't run shared hosting on 1GB RAM.

cPanel works fine with 512MB RAM.

• Yes it does, but how many users can you put on such a server?

• kontam said: Yes it does, but how many users can you put on such a server?

Depends on the website(s) :) I'm just saying it would be fine to start with 512MB and increase as required.