Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any hosts allow RDP + FM14?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any hosts allow RDP + FM14?

I thought it might be nifty to have a container running Ubuntu + Football Manager 14 so I can RDP to the server and continue the same game wherever I am (specifically at work).

The game needs at least one core, 1GB RAM and 3GB HDD, onto of whatever Ubuntu and RDP need, but I don't want to take the piss, or start running this and upset my host.

UK would be the preference to minimise lag, although I guess anywhere in Western Europe would fit the bill.

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a joke :-)

Comments

• You will not be able to run this game on a vps due to lack of hardware graphic acceleration.

• @Nekki

Reminded me of the addict ratings of previous years:
    "Don't forget to feed the cat"
    "RSI Anyone?"
    "We didn't think you'd make it this far" - think this was the final one, guy I saw with this had made it to 2077.

or in your case, playing at work ;)

• @fapvps said:
    You will not be able to run this game on a vps due to lack of hardware graphic acceleration.

This, the game won't even start on a VPS

• @TheRedFox said:
    This, the game won't even start on a VPS

Have you tried it yourself? The reason I ask is that plenty of people have had luck getting FM games to run on machines without graphics accelerators, the 3D match engine is just disabled. The rest of the game is just text and pictures.

@ultimatehostings said:
    Budget?

You don't have services in Europe, do you?

• @Nekki You can test if the game works without th 3d parts on a computer by simply installing the Standard VGA driver on Windows or if you plan to run on Ubuntu running Xorg with the vga driver just like an VM would.