Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fliphost | Important Announcement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fliphost | Important Announcement

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I am reposting this from an email that was sent out to clients to direct all questions and comments to a single location.

Hello ,

Today is a big day. Today I am announcing that Fliphost has been acquired by Query Foundry, LLC, the company behind Cloud Shards. This is great news. When I started Fliphost over two years ago I never expected it to grow this well and last this long. Here I am two years later, going from a single shared reseller account with Hostgator to having over ten nodes in three locations. Over the years we have introduced numerous free extras including backups, DNS, offloaded SQL and many other features; but we can do more. In the hands of Query Foundry, LLC, Fliphost will grow and improve beyond what alone it could never do. Fliphost is to remain a separate brand and to focus on SSD and high storage servers.

What will change:

IP addresses will be changed to owned ARIN allocations instead of leased IPs
Switch from rented hardware to owned hardware.
Change to own network (Higher control)
OpenVZ HDD users (Not Storage servers) will move to the Cloud Shards brand to have Fliphost focus on SSD.

What will not change:

Fliphost will remain a separate brand
Pricing will not change
Quality of service will not decrease
I will be remaining with Fliphost (and also part of the Cloud Shards team)

What will improve:

Addition of dedicated server services
Addition of colocation services
Bringing KVM to Dallas
Bringing OpenVZ to LA
Improved support (Cloud Shards team will helping out with Fliphost)
IPv6 addresses will be offered in all locations
Automatic RDNS for all IPs

Migrations to owned hardware and IPs:

New Jersey Storage users will remain as is until further notice. No migrations are planned and it is business as usual there.

LA SSD KVM users will be migrated to new colocated owned hardware. This will be scheduled sometime after the Dallas migrations have happened, most likely sometime in Q1 2014. For now, it is business as usual.

Dallas OpenVZ HDD (Not storage servers) users will be transferred across to Cloud Shards' client system. The easiest way to handle this is to register at https://www.cloudshards.com/clientarea.php with the same details and request a migration of your services. Users will be given 2 weeks from this announcement, 11/13/13, to voluntarily organize the move. After that, migrations will be scheduled with each customer.

Dallas OpenVZ SSD users will be migrated to new colocated owned hardware remaining under the Fliphost brand.

Minecraft users will be moved to new IPs and owned hardware in the coming weeks.

Paypal subscriptions:

If you currently have an automatic payment/subscription setup in Paypal to automatically make your payments every month it has been canceled. On your next invoice you will have to pay manually. At that time you can either make manual payments from then on or setup a new subscription.

Final note:

Change is not bad. Even though the structure of Fliphost will be changing, the commitment to quality services and support will not. I started Fliphost with the goal of providing better hosting than I was receiving and that has not and will not change.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement please do not hesitate to open a support ticket in the client area, http://sales.fliphost.net/clientarea.php, or you may personally email me at: [email protected].

"To a bright and beautiful future!"

Alex Wacker

[email protected]

Founder - Fliphost.net

Comments