Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congrats Derek!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Well done @Derek, i'm sure you'll launch something unlike the last winner :D

• Looking forward to the result of @Derek work.

Stick to your goals and don't end up as a Zhuanyi.

• Congrats @Derek :)

• Well done @Derek nice to see someone winning something :)

• @Derek should have a wining speech like those stars in Academy Awards.

• Congratulations @Derek

• @Zen said:

It's a shame the one I think should have won didn't. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Let me know what VPS company you start so I don't buy from them, seriously some of the things @Derek says/does makes me question this decision.

• @Zen said:
    I start? :) You mean him?

Yeah thats what I said, its kind of worded funny though. Oh well.

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    Let me know what VPS company you start so I don't buy from them, seriously some of the things Derek says/does makes me question this decision.

Such as?

The entry seems far more realistic than some of the others who thought they could do cloud-like platform using solusvm.

• Congrats Derek!

So, who's Derek? We voted numbers, not names, so how do I find out which number won?
    BTW, I'm so happy to have won a prize. :) I've never won anything in my life before, I feel special. Thanks. :)

• @kontam said:
    Congrats Derek!

So, who's Derek? We voted numbers, not names, so how do I find out which number won?
    BTW, I'm so happy to have won a prize. :) I've never won anything in my life before, I feel special. Thanks. :)

Stated here:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/kickstarter-the-results-and-prizes-for-some-voters/

No 13

Thanked by 1kontam
  • edited October 2013

@INIZ said:
    The entry seems far more realistic than some of the others who thought they could do cloud-like platform using solusvm.

He has been hanging out in the BlueVM channel the past few days, I did a CTRL-F of everything he said over there. You can see references to the server he just won, as well as talking about #lowendtalk, and his signature "ohai" - at first I doubted it was actually him in #BlueVM but those subtle actions gave it away so I decided to post it.

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/xubhbx3h

Edit: Fix my engrish ;)

• So what? He got overexcited by all this and probably got drunk in the process. We've all done this in your younger days, haven't we?

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @rds100 said:
    So what? He got overexcited by all this and probably got drunk in the process. We've all done this in your younger days, haven't we?

I am too old for that.

• @rds100 said:
    So what? He got overexcited by all this and probably got drunk in the process. We've all done this in your younger days, haven't we?

I suppose so over the stretch over a few days.

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    Edit: Fix my engrish ;)

So basically normal BlueVM IRC behaviour?

• @Rallias said:
    So basically normal BlueVM IRC behaviour?

Geeze, everyone is downplaying this quite a bit. I have not seen people act like that in there...

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    Geeze, everyone is downplaying this quite a bit. I have not seen people act like that in there...

It's ALWAYS been that way in there. Since I came into play at least.

• edited October 2013

@Rallias said:
    It's ALWAYS been that way in there. Since I came into play at least.

#BlueVM not #Obsidian

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    #BlueVM not #Obsidian

Ok, so there's usually somebody who should have used google aswell.

• Oct 18 11:31:42 ah man, I can't figure out how to get high
    Oct 18 11:31:42 http://i.imgur.com/CTjr97N.jpg
    Oct 18 11:31:42 I went to the store, they gave me this device and a large glass thing with a house
    Oct 18 11:31:42 I went down the street and paid $200 for a little bag of weed
    Oct 18 11:31:42 but I am not seeing starships

10/10 candidate.

@Zen - as long as he actually USES the kickstarter /beatingyearolddeadhorse

• So why was the master server a dedi? It seems like a waste. Even solusvm recommends a VPS for master server. If you had to use a dedi you probably would have gone with something cheaper like an atom or c2d.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Looking forward to seeing what Derek can do!

• The entry seems far more realistic than some of the others who thought they could do cloud-like platform using solusvm.

A poorly thought out single server cloud platform would have generated much more drama and page views for LET/LEB than Derek's more realistic plan . There was a provider who posted an offer here once who was offering "cloud services" on a single RAID 1 server at Ecatel...

Congratulations @Derek

• Any time schedule yet?

• Lol Derek

Should be interesting, this is the guy who sells op spots on IRC and is generally unstable and bans people whenever.

/interesting

• @BradND said:
    who sells op spots on IRC

Natural born businessman!

Thanked by 2SplitIce Grimmy2
  • Congrats Derek! :)
    Good luck!

• Well, I guess thats just how it goes, upset [Derek] and get banned ;)

Looks like he is butthurt from the dump I did of what he said in a providers community chat. Kind of crazy that someone with that amount of volatility runs things over there.

http://pastebin.com/tBgAZz90 - needless to say, I won't be on #lowendbox any longer

Hit me up in #vpsboard if you need me :)

Thanked by 2Lee Pats
  • Derek's lack of ethics is exactly what this crapfest deserves.