Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] VPS in Hong Kong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] VPS in Hong Kong

0xdragon0xdragon Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

Hey all,
As stated, I'm looking for a VPS in Hong Kong.

Specs:
128-256mb RAM

2+GB HD space

Either 500GB-1TB BW or unlimited 100mbit+

Under $13/mth preferably.

I don't like OVH, and I've already checked their plan out.

Comments

• I would suggest HKserver @vnet
    but the bandwidth could be the biggest barrier here.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2013

Yeah. I hope @vnet will see this thread and put forward something :)

I have found: http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/hong-kong/

Anyone used them?

• @CastleServers how about EDIS?, they have hk location.

• @ravenchad said:
    CastleServers how about EDIS?, they have hk location.

Bandwidth is an issue, and their smallest plan is yearly. Although, could go with their 9Euro plan...

• OneAsiaHost (Singapore) has Excellent coverage of China (as well as all of Asia)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Do you need HK specifically or just looking for something near Asia? I can perhaps offer something in Sydney where I have quite good connectivity to HK and many other Asian locations (Japan for example).

• The amount of bandwidth you want could bring you a headache.

• @sundaymouse said:
    The amount of bandwidth you want could bring you a headache.

I know. :/

@Oliver said:
    Do you need HK specifically or just looking for something near Asia? I can perhaps offer something in Sydney where I have quite good connectivity to HK and many other Asian locations (Japan for example).

I'm interested in Sydney too. What can you offer?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

In Sydney I can offer you this plan which was listed earlier:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15369/512mb-kvm-vps-10gb-disk-200gb-data-on-200mbit-port-in-ransom-it-s-new-sydney-location#latest

If you require more data I have data packs for $10 per month for 100GB available.

Latency to Hong Kong is under 150ms and around the same to Japan.

Sorry but reducing the RAM/disk allocations doesn't help reduce the price because of the base costs involved with any services for my business here.

• @CastleServers said:

I have found: http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/hong-kong/

Anyone used them?

They have a good overall reputation. Would have been my recommendation as well.

• Do inform us if you found what you posted.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2013

Is your usage constant Mbit wise? Asia is nearly always billed by 95% per Mbit, not by TB - So this is very important for larger providers..

I can do (rather*) dedicated, shaped, 3Mbit (~1TB), Int (Telia, NTT)/HKIX BW at that price, but not with burst.

_*= i can't guarantee non-congested links on the upstreams itself

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited October 2013

{I like ovh}

• Just going to bump this again to see if anyone knows any more providers? It appears OVH doesn't do HK anymore.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I still have an OVH LowLatency VPS in HK, and looks like I could renew it if I wanted... perhaps they're still planning to bring back those offers some day.

@0xdragon maybe you can get by with Singapore? It's about 35ms from HK, and the bandwidth conditions (and LEB provider availability) are so much better there.

• @rm_ said:
    I still have an OVH LowLatency VPS in HK, and looks like I could renew it if I wanted... perhaps they're still planning to bring back those offers some day.

0xdragon maybe you can get by with Singapore? It's about 35ms from HK, and the bandwidth conditions (and LEB provider availability) are so much better there.

Unfortunately I need that HK geolocation :(

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Why do you need so many bandwidth?

• @Jylee said:
    Why do you need so many bandwidth?

I don't need that amount of bandwidth anymore. Just 100GB will be fine for me now ^.^

• 100 Mbps unlimited or 1TB BW in HK both cost at least $50-100, depending on provider.

• @sundaymouse said:
    100 Mbps unlimited or 1TB BW in HK both cost at least $50-100, depending on provider.

-

@0xdragon said:
    I don't need that amount of bandwidth anymore. Just 100GB will be fine for me now ^.^

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sundaymouse said:
    100 Mbps unlimited or 1TB BW in HK both cost at least $50-100, depending on provider.

What animal are you for the rest of the week?

Thanked by 1sundaymouse
  • @Nekki said:
    What animal are you for the rest of the week?

Sunday mouse!

• Deploy Falcon, soon will be releasing their node in Korea. Maybe worth to see. @shunny

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited June 2014

@0xdragon

If you need alot of bandwidth + reliability + english support http://38cloud.com will be a good choice.

i've had a service with them and no problems at all, support is very accurate too. I also asked them about the Unmetered bandwidth offering, I asked if pushing through 2TB/m of bandwidth would be a problem and they said it would be fine.