Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Cheap EU VPS to watch blocked Youtube videos

Cheap EU VPS to watch blocked Youtube videos

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited August 2011 in General

Hey Due to copyright issues many videos which contain music are blocked in my country. Right now im using 15$/year US VPSses to get around the block but because of the distance the connection is rather slow. I guess any VPS with very low RAM, low HDD and like 100gb traffic in a central european location where Youtube doesn't block any videos will do the trick. Can someone recommend me a server for that? Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Where abouts are you based, our of interest?

A LowEnd* user walks into a bar and asks for a drink. While the bartender pours the drink, the user opens 8 tickets. When the drink is ready, the user opens a 9th ticket demanding to know why the drink isn't free.

• Germany

• If you're trying to watch US content that won't work. They do GeoIP lookups so if your IP is (to them) 'outside' of the USA, you're boned.

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited August 2011

That's not quite right. For example from Austria you can watch most of the videos quite fine whereas in Germany they are not available.

• Depends on what shows do you want to see (even US ip can't watch all of them), btw can anyone in US play this video ->

• I can watch it with UK IP.

Thanked by 1circus
  • The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Indonesia IP. :P

Yes! I'm with Carstensz Pyramid Server Now stop asking me please :D
    Thanked by 1circus
  • US no, get the evil not in your country

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 1circus
  • Doesn't work in Australia either (just saying :P)...

Reviews | Website | Projects (Minstall, Scripts, etc)
    Thanked by 1circus
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

Mistfits is crap IMO, (just saying :P). Most stuff on TV is crap nowerdays anways.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• tuxtux Member
    edited August 2011

I can't see it with FI IP.

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

Ok, let me end all of ya misery. It is a UK only video since it is a UK VoD show.

我是一个巨魔 (;

Thanked by 1circus
  • Get one from First Line Host
    They got 2 Locations in europe: Netherlands and UK: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/first-line-hosts-3-30-128mb-openvz-vps-in-chicagouknetherlands/

myself got a VPS from 123com.org Unmetered Bandwidth, i can even watch hulu.com with that :D

But First Line Host is good got 400GB Traffic

• miTgiB said: US no, get the evil not in your country

Thanks, I thought something is wrong with my us vps.

• circus said: Depends on what shows do you want to see (even US ip can't watch all of them), btw can anyone in US play this video ->

I can watch it from the UK.

The Original Daniel.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited August 2011
    Infinity said: It is a UK only video since it is a UK VoD show.

;-)