Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

DNS Hosting (VPS) + Virtualmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS Hosting (VPS) + Virtualmin

Howdy,
Some advice needed with the best way to set-up and manage DNS Hosting with a VPS running Virtualmin.

Currently have domains registered with Enom who offer their own DNS service (their nameservers versus own) and have installed virtualmin on VPS.

VPS provider offers a DNS service with nameservers too

Virtualmin requires a fully qualified domain name so I have set up:

server.myvpsdomain.tld -> A ->xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (via Enom) so I can login to Virtualmin

Question is should I be pointing my domain.tld to my VPS provided nameservers (via Enom OR VPS providers system) and also adding myvpsdomain.tld as a virtualserver (I want to host a site via it) ?

I don't seem to be able to get it set up correctly.... so would appreciate so guidance, my provider wasn't familiar with Enom so couldn't really help.

Regards

Comments

• DNS and Hosting can be setup on same server (like VirtualMin) or you can use an external DNS provider (ENom).
    your choice.

I prefer keeping DNS separate from hosting server.