Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Softlayer Cloudserver - free - 1 month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Test Softlayer Cloudserver - free - 1 month

Just stumbled on it and as I don't know if it's generally known, here's the URL:

https://www.softlayer.com/info/special-free-cloud

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks for sharing. I'm interested enough to try it out. A bit low on storage, wish it was on gigabit, but given SoftLayer's excellent network and I assume provided support, I've seen worse.

• @jarland said:
    Thanks for sharing. I'm interested enough to try it out. A bit low on storage, wish it was on gigabit, but given SoftLayer's excellent network and I assume provided support, I've seen worse.

The free for 1 month promo from SoftLayer was there for a long time. I tried it back then and IIRC it's 100mbps port unlimited incoming.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wow. 50$ a month :o

• @johnlth93 said:
    The free for 1 month promo from SoftLayer was there for a long time. I tried it back then and IIRC it's 100mbps port unlimited incoming.

I have seen that offer month(s) ago, near to about a year or more, if I remember correctly.

• I wanted to try it myself, the promotion is old but they ask for credit card, and after that instead of providing the trial they make you wait 24 hours, then they give you an e-mail saying you need to provide a copy of your credit card + national id.

I respectfully declined.

• Yikes, $50/month ... doubt we will ever see them @ LEB!

• need valid CC

• @doughnet said:
    Yikes, $50/month ... doubt we will ever see them @ LEB!

That's a cloud, not a standard VPS.

• @Andy said:

Even Amazon and Rackspace are cheaper. Maybe not Amazon, their pricing page is too confusing, but Rackspace sure is cheaper.

• $50 their nuts

• Andy said: That's a cloud, not a standard VPS.

it's still a VPS, Cloud is simply a marketing term for a few fancy tricks.

• Can use for mining? LOL