Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a transparent whois SWIP VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a transparent whois SWIP VPS provider

vmunichvmunich Member
edited August 2013 in Providers

Hi,

Is there any VPS provider (or cheap dedicated server) out there that would change all their IP whois information for the client? (SWIP IP). I've seen it being done partially, I'm looking for a provider capable to do it 100%.

I have someone that wants a VPS but only if the IPs have his company information only.

Since we don't have our own ASN we're not able to do that, but maybe some VPS provider that owns the DC or has their own ASN may be able to do this.

I'm open for suggestions, but my preference would be providers in the East Coast. I know it's kind of impossible but a provider at 111 8th Avenue would be great.

Also, I'd like at least 1TB of monthly bandwidth, as we will be GRE routing traffic through this VPS. A /29 or /30 IP block would also come in handy.

Thanks

Comments

• Ramnode does this for free, BuyVM for $2/each

• @darknyan said:
    Ramnode does this for free, BuyVM for $2/each

Hi, thanks for the answer.
    Is there any mention of Ramnode or their DC in the whois records of the IP?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2013

You can't get what you want without your own ARIN resources.

• jakejake Member

@vmunich said:
    Is there any mention of Ramnode or their DC in the whois records of the IP?

Of course there will be...

• @Nyr said:
    You can't get what you want without your own ARIN resources.

I've been trying to find someone that can lease me a small block but I can't.. I also don't have a /22 in IPs to ask ARIN to assign me resources so I guess there's no hope for me :(

• The best you will be able to get is something called a POC record, where it shows all of your abuse/admin/noc emails but also has your provider on it as well. At any rate it will always show who is announcing the IP space via their ASN, so even if you could get the provider's whois information off of it (which you can't from what I remember) you'd still have the provider's ASN associated with it.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If location is not important, I recommend @SkylarM :D. I remember you posting $5 as price for SWIP.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    If location is not important, I recommend SkylarM :D. I remember you posting $5 as price for SWIP.

We can do SWIP, but what he's asking for isn't possible. Swip still has all the provider related info onit: http://whois.domaintools.com/162.218.208.34

• vmunichvmunich Member
    edited August 2013

If only I could lease a /23 and get an allocation from ARIN. But thanks for the attention/answers.