Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question

stancatswonstancatswon Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hello,
I've just read the post "exit(0);" - does anyone yet know who the new person/people responsible for this website will be or not yet?

Comments

• no. probably drmike though

• drmike is the new owner.

• I don't think it is drmike, and IIRC he himself denied this too.

• I see, so half of the members say drmike is and the other half says that its not drmike :)

Basically i was asking this question as i will soon be having some special offers for LEB/LET users and i was wondering if i should send them or not

• Anyone taking bets about who the new LEA will be? :)

• My bets to @rds100
    xD

• @yomero No way, i work for a provider :)

• @rds100 said: Anyone taking bets about who the new LEA will be? :)

It's drmike. He's going to take up the LEA pseudonym anonymously.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

Actually it is Mike already. He just announced this at lowendbox.com site under his new nickname LowEndAdmin II. and then removed few unapropriate posts including my own :(
    Damn you..

Edit.
    And also Aldryc is banned now.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

And also Aldryc is banned now.

Haha.. wait. Really?

• Yes :(

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Well I guess it is the new owners choice. He's been given the powers, he can use them in whatever way he wants.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Spirit said: And also Aldryc is banned now.

As much as I have had a problem with a couple of comments that @Aldryic in the past, I wouldn't have banned him for them. I actually gave some thought about banning some folks right from the start but I came to the conclusion that I would have wanted to start with a clean slate.

Any provider that had caused me problems in the past would have just received a mention about that past experience if I was to post an offer of theirs. I'd even go ahead and list YardVPS, explain what they offer and then go into some detail about the problems he has with his company. I still would have made the listing though.

Of course from that point on, everything would have been pretty much fair game.

But no, it's not me. @LowEndAdmin has stated that he has been in discussion with the person taking over the site and I have received nothing from him.

Being very honest actually about this. February is usually a heavy month for us as many of the Open Source projects that we use start to ramp up in late January coming out of the holidays and we usually see a large number of releases. Knowing that, I would have gotten things going over here by now.

edit: Fixed spelling of @Aldryic's name in the link up there. Also he doesn;t appear to be banned. At least his profile still says that he's a member. The software here does have a Banned normally where it says member on that page. And @LowEndAdmin's profile doesn't note that a ban was put in place.

• @Infinity said: Well I guess it is the new owners choice. He's been given the powers, he can use them in whatever way he wants.

on the plus side with drmike as LEA we won't be seeing shit like uptimevps on the frontpage again

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@drmike can't you keep silent atleast half hour or so? :)
    I bet that atlease few few people started to search this non existing post from some LowEndAdmin II and checked profile from Aldryc :-)

• @Spirit I've got people emailing and PM'ing me here congratulating me on taking over. I've also got people doing the same but cursing me out and/or threatening me if I don't list them or say how I honestly feel about them.

I don't mind fooling around a bit but I have better things to be doing than putting out fires that other folks are causing,

And to be honest, I have to admit that I think this has been handled rather badly but once again this is @LowEndAdmin's site and he can do what ever he wants with it.

• Is it April 1st or is @drmike really the new owner?

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

Nope, not me.

edit: So glad I wrote that up there.....

• Grats @drmike.

• @drmike said: So glad I wrote that up there.....

Sometimes it's not so easy to see past all the tin foil in this place.

• @miTgiB said: Sometimes it's not so easy to see past all the bull shit in this place.

Fixed :)

I also don't lie to people. if I said that it wasn't me, it's not me. If it had been me, I would be deflecting the question instead of saying that it wasn't me.

I have way too much experience in NDAs and other such things.

• Congrats on getting the baton passed to you, @drmike. We're all looking forward to the new era of honestly opinionated postings and unbiased moderation.

Thanked by 3Christian LES jiggawatt
  • @drmike said: I've got people emailing and PM'ing me here congratulating me on taking over.

lol, that's great! :)

• Well I think it's time someone got off their butt and did something at lowendbox.com. It's been ages (in Internet time) with no activity and no news. Almost seems it's destined for the deadpool, while the newbies grow stronger and take the traffic.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I think I heard drmike was holding out for dramatic effect.

• Serious, I'm asking. Please drop it. People are sending me offers and asking them to be listed.

maybe we need a lowenddeadpool.com

• ChiefChief Member
    edited February 2012

Hi All ;)

An announcement will be posted before the end of the week.

@sleddog said: Well I think it's time someone got off their butt and did something at lowendbox.com

There will be a new set of guidelines posted before new plans are submitted. Worry less about what others are doing and worry more about doing it right.

drmike

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@drmike said: People are sending me offers and asking them to be listed.

I miss good offers, so when will you start?
    I would prefer some exotic location for beginning.

• @Chief said: There will be a new set of guidelines posted before new plans are submitted. Worry less about what others are doing and worry more about doing it right.

Um, OK "Chief".

• @Chief said: drmike

And we sign it drmike.

Nice guys.

Folks, I;m getting harassed. Seriously. Can we knock it off? Please kindly remember that there are a lot of stupid providers out there and they're not taking no for an answer.